Quadzilla Adrenaline

well come on brad danville dyno day is coming up lets get that thing on the dyno and see how it can spin the rollers i might even put my cr on there with the tst to see what it does

idk if i can get off work till noon saturday. Heck it would be 2 before i got there :( well see. Might just have to wait till Indy

I'll agree with you Tim the FMS/Smarty is a Cadillac stack and I would keep using it if it worked that EEP P-Pump thats going in the truck......so yeah even though its worth all the praise the FMS gets, I am gonna be "that guy"....parting with it.....may it make someone elses truck kick A$$

Does anyone with a 02 wiring harness have a ring terminal on the short red wire instead of the fuse tap that's shown in the installation guide? Right when I was going to install the short red wire in the fuse box next to the engine, I noticed that my harness had a ring style terminal instead of the fuse tap shown in the pictures.

Thanks

Mine came with the same end on it, so I just hooked it up to the battery post like the ground wire.

yep saw that in ours as well we ahd an extra fuse tap lying around and sodered it in and it ran fine but im also hearing it goes to the positive batt. and it looks like ill be abel to compare the adraline with the redline/ez stack... well see how she does. if i ever get my new head here

i just installed mine yesterday mine came with the power wire with a ring instead of the fuse tap. and today i downloaded one of the aggresive files its feels the same as the regular files on the low end but around 1600 or 1700 it wakes up and fuels hard. before the Adrenaline i was running quads 120hp with a smarty this is way smoother on the bottom and about the same if not alittle stronger on the top im gong to dyno ending of this month

Excuse the ignorance but what are the numbers for a Redline box is the RW HP as high as the TST or Edge, Or Quad Box? Just curious because I am looking at getting something new and one thing for sure is no one ever talks trash about the TST or the Redline plus both are proven.

well considering the fact that they just hit the market last friday i'm guessing that unless you have a dyno in your garage it's gonna be hard to tell what the hp is until someone finds time to rent the time on one. And you cant compare the redline to the adrenaline and the tst because they are all different in the sence that the adrenaline adds timing.....the tst don't and unless something changed the redline didnt either. Just my two sence worth dont take offence to anything, but i dont brag about something unless it's worth.

No offense taken. This would explain why the TST is always stacked with a timing box. (EZ,Smarty,ect........) I thought that the Redline and TST were like the edge and Quad box (fuel and timing) I think I will just bide my time and see what the out come is in the next 4-6 months. Just keep giving the feedback guys!!

Thanks Chris

i'll know more at IRP when i have it on the dyno, with the edge and smarty i had 512 so im excited to see the difference

If they drag and quad and within 1 hp and a tenth of the second I must be missing something. Are you sure it's just not in your head that the truck runs better because it is something "new"? If the quad fuels more efficiently and harder how come the ET's aren't changing and the numbers are similar?

If they drag and quad and within 1 hp and a tenth of the second I must be missing something. Are you sure it's just not in your head that the truck runs better because it is something "new"? If the quad fuels more efficiently and harder how come the ET's aren't changing and the numbers are similar?

that was when the adrenaline first came out....

Actually that was 1 or 2 months into 6 months of beta testing.

What really happened is that we had a software error and it was not really fueling. It was fueling but, on the high end and upper RPM's it was basically doing no more than about 65hp worth of fueling and none of it was happening via the pump, it was all on the bus.

We obviously fixed that months ago!!!

There is a simple reason it feels better. I do not wait on boost to be 10psi or 20psi or whatever everyone else is doing. We are watching a whole bunch of stuff and making fueling decisions like a real ECM would and not like an add on fuel box.

For example I am watching load%, TPS%, Boost, RPM, factory timing and factory fueling requests. From there I can make a pretty darn good decision on when you need and want the power. What this does is makes it pretty docile to drive but, the second you start to go it will fuel instantly. You do not have to build boost or anything else. You do not have to be at 100% TPS to get it to fuel 100%. You do not have to be at 100% load for me to decide to fuel. If the rising rate of these things gets pretty vertical then I go ahead and let it fuel.

So from a 20,30,40,50 mph roll if you just roll into the throttle or stomp on the throttle the truck with the Adrenaline will be 1-2-3 trucks lengths in front before the Comp ever even starts to fuel. This box will just fuel that much faster in the real world. For that matter you could probably be on PL05 making a LOT less power than a comp box and still run away from it at least in the beginning. It is one thing to make a number at WOT on dyno, or to be at WOT and within 500rpm of redline the entire time down a strip and another thing to have a good curve for the street.

That is what the guys using it are feeling and seeing.

Actually that was 1 or 2 months into 6 months of beta testing.

What really happened is that we had a software error and it was not really fueling. It was fueling but, on the high end and upper RPM's it was basically doing no more than about 65hp worth of fueling and none of it was happening via the pump, it was all on the bus.

We obviously fixed that months ago!!!

There is a simple reason it feels better. I do not wait on boost to be 10psi or 20psi or whatever everyone else is doing. We are watching a whole bunch of stuff and making fueling decisions like a real ECM would and not like an add on fuel box.

For example I am watching load%, TPS%, Boost, RPM, factory timing and factory fueling requests. From there I can make a pretty darn good decision on when you need and want the power. What this does is makes it pretty docile to drive but, the second you start to go it will fuel instantly. You do not have to build boost or anything else. You do not have to be at 100% TPS to get it to fuel 100%. You do not have to be at 100% load for me to decide to fuel. If the rising rate of these things gets pretty vertical then I go ahead and let it fuel.

So from a 20,30,40,50 mph roll if you just roll into the throttle or stomp on the throttle the truck with the Adrenaline will be 1-2-3 trucks lengths in front before the Comp ever even starts to fuel. This box will just fuel that much faster in the real world. For that matter you could probably be on PL05 making a LOT less power than a comp box and still run away from it at least in the beginning. It is one thing to make a number at WOT on dyno, or to be at WOT and within 500rpm of redline the entire time down a strip and another thing to have a good curve for the street.

That is what the guys using it are feeling and seeing.

Excellent explanation, so how is it fueling earlier and harder with a lot less smoke? my old Xzillaraider/Catcher stack was also very clean.

Properly matching timing and fuel along with meshing it with TPS, RPM, and boost amongst other things.

Just because we fuel harder and faster does not mean we "overfuel". Well the "Comp" tunes overfuel but that is a different animal.