Questions on stacks

FEELMECUMMIN, That setup looks real good just my couple of pennies $.02!

I agree.. Are those 36"?
That's about the height I'm looking for, but everyone that sees it tells me they need to be higher... Everyone seems to think 4-6 inches over the cab.. I'm not too sure about that but I'll try to get some pics with various heights on here for opinions..

Brad

well thanks guys, i dont know how tall they are. they were 72" turnouts when i bought them, then i just fabbed the rest up. i've got an extra stack box laying around here somewhere, pm me if interested.

feelmecummin said:
Also, Forrest, i'm glad you made your way over to CompD!!!

man, me too! after getting booted off DTR, I came over here and was like "WOW, this place has gotten huge!" :Cheer:

ok, I wanted to put my pipes under the frame, but was told I'd have to move the fuel tank. :| But I absolutely HATE the pipes in the bed. So I'd have to put a cover box on them or a tool box, since I can't stand seein them. But if I had my way about it... I'd love them under the bed.

I agree with the general consensus that there is no harm in cutting that portion of the bed rail in the way.

I've had no problems and in figuring that there's no load bearing taking place within 6-12" of that spot due to the pipes in the way you're not running a huge risk.

feelmecummin said:
yeah, and you can say ass without getting banned, like me...see sig

lol, the straw the broke the camel's back for me was saying 'bastard' as in "the cummins cylinder head is a heavy bastard!" :rolleyes:

I was always asking "what's the average age of a CTD owner? 6? 7?"

i said "that is badass!" that was the first ban
the final ban was when i changed my sig in huge letters that said "moved to competitiondiesel.com, where you don't get banned for saying what you think"
that wasn't taken well by old lary ellis

Last edited:
Forrest Nearing said:
lol, I bet he crapped his depends when he read that one!

... But the average age of the ctd owner is 6-7yo right? so you mean he crapped his tonka toy?

i got into a huge email war with stupid lary, it was funny.
i was hoping i would see him at ORP or something to cuss him out then walk away so he had no idea who i was, but lary probably doesnt go to diesel events. he's too busy running his "business"...jackass

feelmecummin said:
i said "that is badass!" that was the first ban
the final ban was when i changed my sig in huge letters that said "moved to competitiondiesel.com, where you don't get banned for saying what you think"
that wasn't taken well by old lary ellis

Well MY first ban was from putting the link to my band website in my sig like I do here. It was called "unsolicited advertising". The second ban was when I logged back on under a different name and put up a poll reading "how many members here have been banned and how many times." If I didn't already know that it isn't nice to type dirty things about TOP, I would. Hey Lary! :shake: Sorry Mods, it won't happen again.:hehe:

Anyways....back on the subject of moving the fuel tank and/or wasting valuable bed space. That is why I went with a single stack. Granted it isn't as cool as you dudes with duals, it is almost twice as cheap and still looks manly enough for me. This is how I did mine. One 5 inch 90 and 4 foot of flex. Ya, I said 4 foot.

feelmecummin said:
i got into a huge email war with stupid lary, it was funny.
i was hoping i would see him at ORP or something to cuss him out then walk away so he had no idea who i was, but lary probably doesnt go to diesel events. he's too busy running his "business"...jackass

^^^^^^^^^^:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Oh my God. That was funny. I have a barrage of emails from him too. Big, long, take 30 minutes to read emails. He is passionate about being a jerk.

Ok, mods. I promise. I'm done bashing the "other" site. :banned:

Attachments

• Stack Drivers Side View.JPG
    Stack Drivers Side View.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Stack ISO View.JPG
    Stack ISO View.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Stack Rear View.JPG
    Stack Rear View.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Stack Top View.JPG
    Stack Top View.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
ohh yeah lol, I can't do one stack. It really, REALLY messes with my OCD in a MAD way LOL... I need the 2nd one to even things out and be symmetrical... otherwise I'd start freaking out at the asymmetry lol

Pangela said:
ok, I wanted to put my pipes under the frame, but was told I'd have to move the fuel tank. :| But I absolutely HATE the pipes in the bed. So I'd have to put a cover box on them or a tool box, since I can't stand seein them. But if I had my way about it... I'd love them under the bed.

You can do this and add some material covering up the gap.
JD_s_Pics_172.jpg

JD WOP said:
You can do this and add some material covering up the gap.
JD_s_Pics_172.jpg

Oh, I like that tool box that you can't see from the outside. Low profile, that's nice. Yeah, I'll probably end up doing something like that. Then again, it'd be awesome to move the fuel tank and put in a giant one, or two LOL... there I go dreaming again.

Pangela said:
Oh, I like that tool box that you can't see from the outside. Low profile, that's nice. Yeah, I'll probably end up doing something like that. Then again, it'd be awesome to move the fuel tank and put in a giant one, or two LOL... there I go dreaming again.

That is a tool box and a aux 50 gal diesel tank i can go a long long ways :rockwoot:

hey jory since you do like..everything...are you anygood at making websites? i'm trying to get mine up and running and i suck a big one at html, pm me if you think you can give me a hand

Back