Questions on stacks

theres so many alligators and slashes and other crap...thats the one thing i dont get is html, now rocket science i can handle LOL

Alright, alright.. I've had about enough of you guys running off with my thread.. I'm gonna call lary and get you banned AGAIN.. :hehe: :hehe: :poke:
I tried it over there and managed to make it about a week.. :banned:

fellmecummin, what are talking about when you say stack box? The box pipe in your bed? If so I fab'd mine like yours, but all I could find was 5x5 square. makes it a bit weighty but oh well. I'm heading over to play with the springs and get a few pics of the stacks set at different heights. I'll get some pics with the camera this time and post them up later and get some opinions.
Can you guys tell me a good place to get the flex pipe? I'm in a "we don't stock that" area. Can't even find 5" stainless within 70 miles of this place.

Thanks
Brad

yeah stack box exhaust box thats what i meant. i got my flex and the local truck shop. napa can get it too. mines 5x3, id go 6x3 next time i did it, for 6 inch stack and a little less restriction. so you got lary's number huh, would you mind posting that up for me LOL

I've got them sitting on 2 2x4, so I get about 3.5 inches off the 5x5 crossover. Puts them right under 45" from the bed to the top.. Think I'm going with this height to start.

Attachments

• stacks4.jpg
    stacks4.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 14
  • stacks3.jpg
    stacks3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 23
2-3 inches shorter is where i'd like them, but then you cant see them from the front, which sucks...also the higher they are the quieter they are.
my box is 2x5, and its loud. my roomate's is 5x5 and its quiet (like muffler quiet) i think that the box being that big makes it act as a muffler, but maybe its just his?

feelmecummin said:
2-3 inches shorter is where i'd like them, but then you cant see them from the front, which sucks...also the higher they are the quieter they are.
my box is 2x5, and its loud. my roomate's is 5x5 and its quiet (like muffler quiet) i think that the box being that big makes it act as a muffler, but maybe its just his?

I think it is just his, I'm running a 5x5 pipe and My stacks are pretty tall and my truck is still loud.

Andy

2-3 inches shorter is where I liked them best as well... I wanted to just see the tip from the front. But I guess I can always make them shorter..

I'm hoping it doesn't get quieter, I love it the way it is. A little worried about how the drone in the cab will be after they're on, hopefully not louder than the radio.. :pop:

I think I can live with them that high, we'll see when I get them all buttoned up.

feelmecummin, that's how it is now. Straight pipe dumps right at the back of the cab so I think I've got close to the same noise level inside already, and it's not bad.. If I keep my foot out of it I can almost sneak up on deaf people... LOL

oh in that case open down pipe is way louder than stacks, you will love it
just be prepared to never have a clean truck again and get pissed when you get soot floaties on good clothes :evil

:hehe: :hehe:
Did you see the pics?? I think I've washed it once since I bought it.. It's a work truck first, toy second...
Seemed everytime I washed it it would rain, so I just quit.

I can't wait to see what it looks like going down the road.. I think have about the right amount of smoke for them to look great. Wonder how the granola's who live where I work will take to them. :hehe: :st:

the best ever is to park next to white cars while its raining, they always get a zebra style paint job as soon as you leave LOL

feelmecummin said:
the best ever is to park next to white cars while its raining, they always get a zebra style paint job as soon as you leave LOL

Yeap that is how my truck always looks.

Andy

Id cut them down a bit.

I prefer to not be able to see them from the front of the truck.

~Wes~

Back