Ran 14.7's tonight at Larue...

Lil' E

Fuel Junky
Well I ran my truck for the first time tonight and I put down two passes at 14.7 and one at 14.8. I didn't think I did to awfully bad for my first time. My 60 foot was a little slow but I was spinning almost halfway down the track in
four wheel drive. I am also running 35's with 3.73's. I have two videos I will have a link once I get them uploaded.

Definitely post the vids and we should be able to see what's happening.

Not bad numbers at all for the first time at the strip.

What mods do you have? Write out the time slip for us or take a picture if you can. Its nice to know MPH's, 60ft's and all that.

I have got to hit the strip soon. Im having withdrawls. :hehe:

Eric

Might want to check out what is wrong with your 4wd if your spinning half way down the track.

Might want to check out what is wrong with your 4wd if your spinning half way down the track.

The track I ran at isn't a very well prepped track. I saw the spray it once the whole time I was there and that was right before the junior dragsters went. Does anybody know how to get a video off of a phone onto a computer? I didn't have my camera to get any videos with it, and my buddy took it off of his phone and sent it to me.

WOW! really gotta be pushing some ponies if your spinning half down the track in 4. good job keep up the good work and you might think about running slicks all the way around in the future.:rockwoot:

First Run: Reaction time was bad it was 1.10, 60 ft is 1.98, 1/8 was 9.29 @ 73 mph, and 1/4 was 14.74@ 88 mph. Turbo spooled @ 10 psi w/ 2 people in the truck.

Second Run: Reaction Time was .881, 60 ft was 2.05, 1/8 was9.42 @ 73, 1/4 was 14.88 @ 88 mph. Turbo spooled @ 15 psi w/ 2 people in the truck.

Third Run: Reaction Time was.93, 60 ft was 2.02, it didn't give me any 1/8 times, and my 1/4 times were 14.77 @ 86 mph. Turbo spooled around 20 psi with one person in the truck.

Also mods are 230 cc injectors, BDP modded H2, Adrenaline HPOP, DI RR kit, DP F5 chip, fully built 4R100, 5" exhaust, and AFE Stage one intake.

Last edited:
WOW! really gotta be pushing some ponies if your spinning half down the track in 4. good job keep up the good work and you might think about running slicks all the way around in the future.:rockwoot:

Im not pushing that much hp maybe up in the 400 range. The hp calculator says im at 396 hp to the wheels with that time, also my tires are all but shot.

I dont think you were spinning based on your time slip readings.

I ran a
2.0 60ft
9.4@ 71mph 1/8
15.02@87mph 1/4

That was with stock DV's leaving at 10psi in my truck. Right around 300hp. Your times and MPH's seem to match up, so i dont think you were spinning even if it felt like it.

Good runs though

Eric

Ive ran that track before at test and tunes. I dont think you were spinning half way down it. It may not be the best track, but im making about 500hp at the wheels and i didnt spin one bit going down the track. There were a couple other cummins going down it in the low 12s with no traction problems either.

Good runs though, it takes a little practice to get the launches just right.

nice first runs, but you not spinning all 4 wheels down the track.sounds like something is wrong there.

Fixed it for ya!!

Well I ran my truck for the first time tonight and I put down two passes at 14.7 and one at 14.8. I didn't think I did to awfully bad for my first time. My 60 foot was a little slow but I was almost spinning halfway through the water box in two wheel drive. I am also running 35's with 3.73's. I have two videos I will have a link once I get them uploaded.

:hehe:

What's your truck weigh, 7500 lbs?

Fixed that one for ya too.

Im not pushing that much hp maybe up in the 350 range. The hp calculator based on MPH, the true indicator of power, says im at 347 hp to the wheels with that trap speed, also my Ford is all but shot.

:kick:

LaRue is normally pretty horrible in on the track prep. I've seen 2wd spin to the 1/8th, but not 4wd. When I was running 11's at that track, it would hop 30-40' because they don't add much VHT on Friday nights.

Did Lance get video of your pass?

LaRue is normally pretty horrible in on the track prep. I've seen 2wd spin to the 1/8th, but not 4wd. When I was running 11's at that track, it would hop 30-40' because they don't add much VHT on Friday nights.

Did Lance get video of your pass?

We have one on camera and all 3 on cell phones. I cant figure out how to get it off of my cell onto the computer. I would have them on my camera if I could have found it before we left. How did your truck do today?

It'll be easier to get off the camera to the computer, I can wait for it.

Mine did better than I expected. I'll post a separate thread about it.

Brandon if you can get the videos uploaded on here that would be great. I am having problem getting my computer to play the videos. I know that they aren't that good since they are taken off of a camera phone but I suppose something is better than nothing.

They're a little small to see what's happening, but the sound gives it away. There are definite improvements to be made with tuning. I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped a little between the 330 and the 1/8th when you hit the section after the track bite and it came back to life.

Kinda seems low for the mods you have. Are you sure the trannys not slipping. I pulled 14.2 on 35s with 160cc stage 2s and a turbonetics drop in turbo. Theres no tire spinning thats for sure. 60ft times are around mine. All mine does is bark and shake a bit. Thats leaving on 20psi.

Kinda seems low for the mods you have. Are you sure the trannys not slipping. I pulled 14.2 on 35s with 160cc stage 2s and a turbonetics drop in turbo. Theres no tire spinning thats for sure. 60ft times are around mine. All mine does is bark and shake a bit. Thats leaving on 20psi.

Tranny is tight. TC isn't slipping. EGT's are fine. I am leaning more towards a tuning issue than anything else. I something in the works for that right now. I am going to pull the injectors out and have them tested if I can't get it figured out with the tuning.