Ratchet Shifter vs PCS

Use the pcs and get a manual shifter, I do. If you want to shift it, go manual. If you want to cruise without shifting, put it in drive and forget about it.

I wonder if the vb can be modified to do that on its own?? I've heard about somebody trying that somewhere. Don't remember where though. Basically giving you a (D) for normal around town, but a full 1-4 for the track...

That's awesome... Thank's.. Now I can run a standard tach and shift light...

Its sad. I'm a vendor on CF, but when I need help I post on compD... Imagine that...

Thanks for all the responses guys.. The trans and tcase should ship monday. Don't know how long it takes for freight from Florida to Texas, but I need to get this thing rolling. Getting tired of watching the races..

Let me know if you need any more help ;)

I've been researching this stuff for a while. What are you going to be doing with the truck? Play toy or daily driver? I can say that having a full pressure manual vb does kind of suck in traffic.

Let me know if you need any more help ;)

I've been researching this stuff for a while. What are you going to be doing with the truck? Play toy or daily driver? I can say that having a full pressure manual vb does kind of suck in traffic.
I like driving it. But we don't have a lot of what most people consider in town driving.. Amarillo isn't really that big and most of my work is in surrounding cow towns... The diesel stuff is a side business so to speak.

I don't mind adapting my driving habits around town if it's gonna make a difference at the track. Or driving one of my other toys most of the time.

Cheetah gate shifter is schweeet. I like
My cheap b&m ratchet but it is annoying if im turning around a lot. on the farm I rarely use reverse so it's not terrible.

Cheetah gate shifter is schweeet. I like
My cheap b&m ratchet but it is annoying if im turning around a lot. on the farm I rarely use reverse so it's not terrible.

I've heard that more than once. Too bad we don't have anybody running one around here. I'd say I hit reverse once a day, when I'm pulling out of the drive way. LOL

We are planning on it. Need to get signed up.

Great. Need to lean on aron and get his but to come. LOL

Are you planning on bringing one of the trucks? or flying out?

Goerend has a constant pressure vb so no need for the tv. Its pretty sreet friendly also.

Am I wrong in recalling it's like having the TV only at 50% open all the time or is it 100%?

Chris modified my 04.5 APPS under the battery perfectly. I have an operating TV cable. I did modify the bracket on the trans so it's pulled back 1/3 of the way all the time. 0% to 100% throttle opens it the rest of the way. I did this so I can have some confidence with decent line pressure with the cruise control on. That's the only draw back with the TV operating in perfect sync with the throttle.. I finally hooked up my line pressure gauge so I'll have some numbers tomorrow. Thus far, in gear at idle, 120psi. I think that's plenty for 85 mph cruise control un-loaded.

just brought my truck to the tranny shop monday with a list of parts for him. Goerend manual valve body was ordered today. i had him order it constant line pressure, 2nd gear lock up, standard pattern. so when its done i will let y'all know how it handles in this florida traffic haha