Rear Locker for AAM 11.5

blownsmoke2

Trying to make a hook
Who makes a rear locker for these AAM 11.5? I broke mine last night sled pulling. I thought these AAM axles were suppose to be tough.

Who makes one of those?

Burkhard makes one for bigger shafts. He's got an array of shaft size available ones that require a little modification and some that dont. Not cheap but there bulletproof and prolly worth it in the bigger picture.

Yukon makes one for stock shafts but you still have the weak stock shafts so you spend the $900 and still break shafts.

Randys ring and pinion makes spools for the aam 11.5 it appears. Out of stock though.

eaton makes a locker also for the AAM seen it in fourwheeler magazine a month or so ago.

Randys ring and pinion makes spools for the aam 11.5 it appears. Out of stock though.

If it is stock spline spool it is waste of coin. Stock size axles no matter who make them, moser, SCS, and so on die rather quick deaths. Your better off running stockers for like 3 hooks than swapping for fresh stockers. But that gets old in a hurry. I have the big shafts and full spool form Tony Burkhardt and so far so good. Big coin though. But worth it so far.

Randys had some 38 spline AAM axles. Are those the big axles?

Ya thats big considering, stock i believe they are only 30 spline

Randys had some 38 spline AAM axles. Are those the big axles?

Just to clear things up Randy bought a set from Tony and then turned around and put on his site that he is selling them!!! Goood Luck, you get what you pay for. We have over 60 spools and shafts out there and 0 problems. You tell me if it's worth the $$$.

On ring and pinion the 38 spline kit with spool is $2,564. The 38 spline Spool and shafts together are less than $1600 according to them.

So there selling Tony's shafts and spool? Or they reversed engineered his stuff? I need some clarity here.

On ring and pinion the 38 spline kit with spool is $2,564. The 38 spline Spool and shafts together are less than $1600 according to them.

So there selling Tony's shafts and spool? Or they reversed engineered his stuff? I need some clarity here.

pm tony

Ya I come to find out my choices are
1) stock
2) detroit true lock already been on back order for 2 months
3) spool
4) weld the junk I have know to get going again

So I guess the question is to spool or not to spool?

I did call Garrett today for a price on spool and axles though

I was wondering about the Randy's and Tony's Stuff, always looked kind of fishy to me. Anyways, I counted the splines and Tonys I think were 39 spline where Randy's were 38 spline.

I was wondering about the Randy's and Tony's Stuff, always looked kind of fishy to me. Anyways, I counted the splines and Tonys I think were 39 spline where Randy's were 38 spline.

Think they are both 38 splines. I think Tony's might be made of 300M, hopefuly some folks will chime in. Randy's are probably just 4340. Granted a 4340 1 5/8" axle will take some abuse.