Regular Cab Shortbed Build w/ 4-link and airshocks AND triple turbo motor swap!

looks good, i was just always scared of the links. they look like they are for a mini truck. i am sure wanting to find out how it works out. i really want a air ride set up on my little truck.

Very nice build, how did you go about lowering the front? and what size tires you running?

love that stance.

I really want to see a burnout video of this thing just rotating around those front tires.

I spent ALOT of hours doing this over the course of 3 weekends. Almost everything I ordered had to be modified. The frame notch that I was sent was for a 1500 frame, even though I stressed I had a 2500 and told him the width I needed. Every axle bracket in the 4-link kit hat to be modified from a 3" axle to fit a 4" axle. If I would've had a plasma cutter, this build would've been MUCH easier. All I had were cutoff wheels to cut the frame and old suspension brackets. Numerous hours were spent with a 4" grinder, cleaning up the cuts and making everything smooth. Once everything was cleaned up, it went quickly.

Thanks for the info. I love the look and I bet the ride is awesome! :thankyou2:

That is badass! Not trying to derail but can you tell me where that frame was shortened? I bought a high mileage 04.5 reg cab 2wd and that's exactly what I want to do with it. I just can't choose where I should cut it. Under the cab or over the rear axle. Keep us posted!

That thing looks sweet.

Do you have any contact info for No-Limit? I need to get a set up like that for my truck. The ride is brutal with that little suspension travel.

were you able to use the long bed fuel tank ? Also, what mirrors are those?

Last edited:
Very nice build, how did you go about lowering the front? and what size tires you running?

I cut off one coil from the coilsprings and it dropped it exactly 1". The truck has 404,000 miles on it, so these coils are pretty worm out and may sag more than most. The tires are some used 305/50-20s that I found for $50 to see how they fit. I'd like to find something a little skinnier.

love that stance.

I really want to see a burnout video of this thing just rotating around those front tires.

Thanks! These are some used tires I found for $50 that I threw on to see how the 20s would look. I want to make sure I get my money's worth before I put on the new Nittos, so there will definitely be a video coming soon!!!

That is badass! Not trying to derail but can you tell me where that frame was shortened? I bought a high mileage 04.5 reg cab 2wd and that's exactly what I want to do with it. I just can't choose where I should cut it. Under the cab or over the rear axle. Keep us posted!

We chose to cut just under the back of the cab.

That thing looks sweet.

Do you have any contact info for No-Limit? I need to get a set up like that for my truck. The ride is brutal with that little suspension travel.

Try http://www.nolimit.net. It looks they are updating their site. If you go through them, see if they can make you brackets to fit a 4" axle so you don't have to modify their normal ones like I did.

were you able to use the long bed fuel tank ? Also, what mirrors are those?

I used a stock fuel tank out of a shortbed truck. The mirrors are Street Scene mirrors from Cal-vu, only $90 for the manual ones. They make electric ones with blinkers, but I opted for the cheapies. They fit nice and look decent on a lowered truck. I think they'd look to small if the truck wasn't lowered.

what size are your wheels and tires? that stance is just sexy was it a 4-6 drop?

The tires are 305/50-20. In the front, I cut one coil off the spring which lowered it exactly one inch on these worn out springs. I'm not sure what the exact drop was in the rear, probably around 6 inches. I had already took out the overload springs prior to the shortbed swap, and it still sat really high in the rear once the lighter weight bed was on it.

Where's the triple turbo part? lol. Looks sweet!

Here's the triple turbo part...this motor will be swapped over from my other truck in a couple weeks.

IMG_1340.jpg

[ame="http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/jaredb900rr/?action=view&current=UnderHood.mp4"]UnderHood.mp4 video by jaredb900rr - Photobucket[/ame]

Back