Regular Cab Shortbed Build w/ 4-link and airshocks AND triple turbo motor swap!

Here's the triple turbo part...this motor will be swapped over from my other truck in a couple weeks.

IMG_1340.jpg

UnderHood.mp4 video by jaredb900rr - Photobucket

Work of mechanical art. That is SO sweet:rockwoot:! Sounds great as well.

Killer project man, love it!

That truck is going to be pure stupid once the triples go into it :rockwoot:

Who did all the turbo work? It is very nicely done. I can't wait to see video of this truck in action. If it hooks it should be wicked.

Who did all the turbo work? It is very nicely done. I can't wait to see video of this truck in action. If it hooks it should be wicked.

Wide Open Performance in Sandy, UT designed/installed the turbo setup. They've done alot of custom work on my trucks, everything is ALWAYS top notch!

thanks.

Some questions for you...

Have you done anymore with this?

Do you know what the offset/bs is on those monsters?

Ever mess with the front suspension?

Now I don't know much about suspension or fabbing stuff, but could that link kit be put in side the frame rails in case one wanted to narrow the rear end for wider wheels/tires?

See! Dreams! Ha! Good luck man,,, "big guy in a little truck"

thanks.

Some questions for you...

Have you done anymore with this?

Do you know what the offset/bs is on those monsters?

Ever mess with the front suspension?

Now I don't know much about suspension or fabbing stuff, but could that link kit be put in side the frame rails in case one wanted to narrow the rear end for wider wheels/tires?

Nothing new with the truck yet. I can't believe it's been a freaking year! We had a number of big project vehicles and then we moved into a new shop, then outgrew that shop so we had to knock down the wall next to us so we could add a few thousand mire square feet. Good news is, the truck is in the new shop and I should have a few hours a week to good around with it now!

As far as suspension, I have plans to put some RE7 airbags up front. I'll get some pics soon. On my truck, the gas tank would be in the way if you tried to put the 4-bars on the inside of the frame. I suppose that would work if you had a fuel cell. I'll look at my truck again tomorrow.

The wheels are 20x9 with 5.7" backspacing and 18mm offset

Last edited:
I had some time to work on the truck today, so I modified the upper coilspring mount so I'll be able to mount up the RE7 airbags. A friend of mine does plastic injection molding, so he made me something to fit in the lower control arm so my aluminum puck will sit flat. I still need to put that puck in the CNC machine and cut the top portion so it sits flat at my ride height. Then I'll need to weld the upper mount flat so the top of the airbag can be bolted to it.

photo2_zpsc1dcaa92.jpg

photo4_zpsac0b7887.jpg

photo3_zps07249340.jpg

photo1_zpsd9d9a48c.jpg

Last edited:
Oh awesome, the pics are upside down...FAIL! That's weird, they were right side up on photobucket when I copied the link. I'll fix it tomorrow when I stop by the shop.

pretty crazy. what did you use to paint your frame with? it looks good.

Been swamped with work, no time for my project :( But here's some pics of the truck as it sits in the new shop.

a_zpsc7a42c38.jpg

e_zpse92b46af.jpg

i_zps782d4dcf.jpg

k_zpsf7693964.jpg

l_zps0d4e78a0.jpg

n_zpse07da99d.jpg

o_zps0eecd6c3.jpg

bout time! :cheer:

the cut down springs I bought off you are still sitting in my garage not in the truck :doh: