Regular Cab Shortbed Build w/ 4-link and airshocks AND triple turbo motor swap!

Awesome shop! what size lifts are those and how do you like them?

Awesome shop! what size lifts are those and how do you like them?

Thanks! We have one 10,000lb lift, two 12,000 lb lifts, and we just put in a 15,000lb lift. The lifts work great and we get a good price on them, so we're happy with them.

So how is the truck coming along??

We've been slammed with work, and I have been a little un-motivated to work on my truck during my spare time since I spend 60 hours a week at the shop. I was spending my weekends skydiving. I'm finally ready to start spending the weekends working on my truck, but now we're supposed to get 20-30" of snow from this storm rolling thru, which means I'm gonna have to go snowboarding on Saturday ;)

I changed up my plans on the front suspension, but should get it dialed in on Sunday. Then it's just a matter of putting everything back together. Expect to see some updates next werk

Here's a teaser from this evening's work on one of the control arms. We're cutting out the center of the control arm so this puck will fit to mount the airbag on. More pics to come tomorrow...

Here's a video of the control arm getting modified!

photo-8_zps5e067617.jpg

photo-7_zps3cbc7ea2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't end up going snowboarding today so I could spend time on my truck. I'm starting to get motivated again! The passenger side control arm is cut and the mount fits PERFECTLY! We'll be cutting the driver side control arm today and I'll also be welding up the airbag mounts to the control arms today so I can get them painted and then hopefully have them installed back on the truck tomorrow. Here are some pics of what I have so far...

photo2-2_zps82f57e70.jpg

photo1-1_zpsc1ab862f.jpg

photo5-2_zps7f7f9d61.jpg

photo4-2_zps3671b7da.jpg

photo3-2_zpsb2958f63.jpg

photo2-2_zps4ac8cfa5.jpg

photo1-1_zps672c0f4a.jpg

photo5-2_zps9c3a69d6.jpg

photo4-2_zps9d9d6b19.jpg

photo3-2_zpsa6fd4daa.jpg

photo2-2_zpsfdb91f44.jpg

photo1-1_zps02c3bfb0.jpg

Truck looks like my dd same color and motor lol. Awesome build I would love that air ride setup.

I have an Atlas 12k. They are really nice and fairly cheap. Very clean build, I like where it is going.

I got the mounts welded up on both control arms and test fit them on the truck with the airbags. I'm toying with the idea of trying to move the lower control arms in one inch to suck the wheels in just a touch. The rear will be getting narrowed when I install the Eaton Truetrac differential. Oh, and I picked up some new wheels. These will be powdercoated black shortly. My little truck looks tiny compared to this customer's Megacab on 37s!

photo1-1_zps448d534d.jpg

photo3-2_zps4a215974.jpg

photo2-2_zps01089fdf.jpg

photo4-2_zps1f35d75e.jpg

I got a lil work done on the truck this weekend. A few more hours and I'll be able to start her!

engine1_zps3fe69876.jpg

I like the way you did the inetercoer makes it look a million times better then the way I did mine. My truck needs you as the owner lol.

You are my hero. Such a classy looking ride!

i knew i shouldnt have looked at this thread. now i want another one. @#$%!

Just read thru the whole thread!! Awesome build!! With out a doubt that truck is gonna be fun as hell to drive!:tree:

Side note...what is the name of your shop? I'm to the north of you in Idaho. Curiosity mainly...sorry. PM me if you like!