Reliable 13 second 6.0?

ALLMTR5.0

Disturb The Peace
what would it take for a 2004 6.0 to run 13 second 1/4 mile times?(#2 only)
I already have 4" turbo back exhaust. SCT Xcal2 & airfilter will be installed when uncle sam gives me my refund. What would be next for 13s? injectors?ARP head studs?
thanks,
A friend of mine had a 04 back in 04 with some sort of edge tuner & he ran 14.1x`s with no other mods.

You are already there.
I ran 13.9 with just a tune and cat back exhaust

Like Pete said...you're already there...just work on your launch. Hell...you're just a .073 jetted nitrous kit away from a high 12.

ALLMTR5.0 said:
what would it take for a 2004 6.0 to run 13 second 1/4 mile times?(#2 only)
I already have 4" turbo back exhaust. SCT Xcal2 & airfilter will be installed when uncle sam gives me my refund. What would be next for 13s? injectors?ARP head studs?
thanks,
A friend of mine had a 04 back in 04 with some sort of edge tuner & he ran 14.1x`s with no other mods.

You should be running between 13.5 and 13.9 in your truck with an Xcal2, exhaust and air cleaner.

DJ :evil

I should probably add that the tune was an old street tune. Nothing like the newer race tunes

like was said, you should be in the high 13's alreay, now if you want a low 13 you can do it with just a small set of injectors and fuel system, you could pick up a good 75-90hp with stage 2 injectors and a fuel system
robert

I agree! I ran a 13.86 with a tuner,exhaust and air intake.
djdieseltech said:
You should be running between 13.5 and 13.9 in your truck with an Xcal2, exhaust and air cleaner.

DJ :evil

I ran a 14.5 with a tuner and intake with stock exhaust and 35" tires. Oh ya I also have blown heads and took a nap at the tree. :hehe:

Holy chit thats all you guys can run with a tuner/intake/exhaust.

We are running full size real trucks, not half truck, half car alumamax's.:poke:

I was just amazed at the lack of ET, what the hell weighs so much? They building those out of lead. My truck is a real truck even though it weighs alot less than your Fords & the only thing alum. is the heads & intake. Don't be hating cause of your inferior design of an engine that pops heads off at relative low boost.

Ford's get common rail this year too...things are about to get interesting.
Some guys have run as quick as 13.40's with just a tuner in a 6.0....pretty respectable IMHO.

As far as what weighs so much..I have no idea...but mine weighs right at 7600 LBS...and it's not even a 4wd.

Factor the extra 1000 lbs or so back onto a DMax and they would run very similar numbers with the same mods....y'all got lucky with a good fuel system and light weight...then again...you have to drive a girls truck. :poke: LOL

Last edited:
We are running full size real trucks, not half truck, half car alumamax's

He has a point. All of the truck pulls I have been to with street legal trucks the Dmax have broken something and the ones that don't just get embarrassed. They have gotten alittle closer in the past 2 years though but just wait for the 6.4 I have a feeling that they are going to kick butt and they might not cost as much to modify too. Can we get that lucky?

Noreaster said:
I was just amazed at the lack of ET, what the hell weighs so much? They building those out of lead. My truck is a real truck even though it weighs alot less than your Fords & the only thing alum. is the heads & intake. Don't be hating cause of your inferior design of an engine that pops heads off at relative low boost.
You must be very fast huh?My Ford with just a single program,airaid intake,and straight pipe ran a 13.48 @ 99mph..Were talking about $600 in mods here I dont see no Duramax running that for that amount of money...Oh ya its CC,SB,SRW,F350 4X4 weighing at 7700lbs with driver...No aftermarket trans,no lift pump,no dual fueler,no aftermarket injectors,no Nos,no nothing....

:thankyou2:

you in maryland? i know a reliable way to get 13's------------i can hook you to the back of my dodge and drag you down the track that fast.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: JK hey i have a buddy who did nothing but a banks PDA big hoss system and with tuning 13.8 all day long( with banks at that!!!!!!!!) but it smokes a bunch.

OneStockQuik6.0 said:
You must be very fast huh?My Ford with just a single program,airaid intake,and straight pipe ran a 13.48 @ 99mph..Were talking about $600 in mods here I dont see no Duramax running that for that amount of money...Oh ya its CC,SB,SRW,F350 4X4 weighing at 7700lbs with driver...No aftermarket trans,no lift pump,no dual fueler,no aftermarket injectors,no Nos,no nothing....

:thankyou2:

you no that when it running that good it's getting ready to blowup.:doh:

DIESEL POWER said:
you in maryland? i know a reliable way to get 13's------------i can hook you to the back of my dodge and drag you down the track that fast.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: JK hey i have a buddy who did nothing but a banks PDA big hoss system and with tuning 13.8 all day long( with banks at that!!!!!!!!) but it smokes a bunch.
No sir I'm in Miami,Fl you got to put alot in that dodge to be able to catch me and pull me.. J/K:hehe:

OneStockQuik6.0 said:
No sir I'm in Miami,Fl you got to put alot in that dodge to be able to catch me and pull me.. J/K:hehe:
i was refering to the thread starter, but hey it all good.

DIESEL POWER said:
you no that when it running that good it's getting ready to blowup.:doh:
not really it has 20k and not even a puke but what can I say they all have their softsides:poke: