Replacing 5.9 block with 6.7

I dropped a 6.7 longblock into my 03, just swapped sensors, accessories, valve cover (top and bottom), wiring, injectors, etc. It was a simple swap, there is a thread on here with the details somewhere. I wish I would have pulled the 6.7 apart and put billet rods in while it was out though... I've heard of a guy or two breaking them in the 600+ hp range (most had twins which came on real quick though).

For the limited time I had 800 HP at 6300 pounds it was an absolute blast. Sure wish I could have added a bit more. Hopefully in the near future. LOL A little diet wouldn't hurt either.

Have fun with it Rich.

Found them.

Attachments

• 67LCR.jpg
    67LCR.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 305hpCR.jpg
    305hpCR.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
Have you searched? Weston posted pics of all the pistons just a few months ago. I dont remember the thread?? I would post them but they are on my computer at work.

Searched every way I can think to word it...gonna start looking up Westons threads here in a sec

Link to Photobucket with all of the pistons.

[ame="http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/westonmerril/Piston%20Info/"]Piston Info pictures by westonmerril - Photobucket[/ame]

Stock 6.7 piston with the bowl cut works the best for us so far. And the motorsport nozzles with the cut pistons are a match made in heaven. If more people knew how awesome this setup was, 5.9s would become obsolete.

Rich, just to clarify.

One page one you called the 03/04 and 6.7 bowl design a " non rentrant " style bowl..

I was under the impression that They ^^ were called the "Rentrant " style bowl and the 04.5-07 were the "Non"...

Was I wrong?

Rich, just to clarify.

One page one you called the 03/04 and 6.7 bowl design a " non rentrant " style bowl..

I was under the impression that They ^^ were called the "Rentrant " style bowl and the 04.5-07 were the "Non"...

Was I wrong?

No. 03-04 is re-entrant.

Stock 6.7 piston with the bowl cut works the best for us so far. And the motorsport nozzles with the cut pistons are a match made in heaven. If more people knew how awesome this setup was, 5.9s would become obsolete.

Its that big of a difference in a comp application? Are you using the 5.9 or 6.7 head? Considering this since I got my motor apart. Thought about rebuilding and selling it. What are 6.7 long blocks going fore these days?

Maybe I heard wrong, but I was under the impression the water ports on the 5.9 head needed worked a little to fit perfect...

Its that big of a difference in a comp application? Are you using the 5.9 or 6.7 head? Considering this since I got my motor apart. Thought about rebuilding and selling it. What are 6.7 long blocks going fore these days?

We are still using the 6.7 head. Still havent seen one single HG failure using stock HG and 625 ARP's. The main advantage is the ability to spool large turbos. We havent found anything that wont light yet. About to try an s500 as a single.

I would double check the oiling on the 5.9 cr head on a 6.7 I seem to remember them not lining up very well.

I would double check the oiling on the 5.9 cr head on a 6.7 I seem to remember them not lining up very well.

I know someone that accidently was sent a 6.7 HG for his 5.9... He installed without noticing it was different..

He is now rebuilding the engine...

Someone has to have pics, measurements and info on that if it's true. The guys running a 5.9 head on a 6.7 block haven't mentioned any top end oiling issues ?

Back