Report smoking vehicles

the 12 valve would be royally screwed oh well they cant do anything in texas to us out of staters. they dont understand people spend lots of $ to make smoke

Attachments

• racetruck small.jpg
    racetruck small.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
9712valve said:
thats funny, im tryin to get one of those letters or a ticket for excessive smoke, but haven't gotten one yet oh well.

i got pulled over saturday and got a seat belt ticket got off lucky cause i was doin about 70 in a 40 and when i saw the cops i looked back and you still couldnt see the cars waitin at the light. :rockwoot: i was in shock i didnt get excessive smoke and speeding though im aint complainin but i wanted to ask the cop how much more smoke i would have to have blown to got a smoke ticket.

Doesn't the smoking rule generally apply more to states that have inspections every year?

feelmecummin said:
03f350, dont you have like 300cc injectors?:evil

yep 300cc's built by Ryan Casserly my big single deffently doesnt clean them up without a bit of spray lol going to be looking at adding a second turbo this summer:evil

03f3507.3 said:
so would i haha if i aint spraying and on my 80econo or above setting im rolling the coal as long as im on the throttle!:st:

Until somebody blows an I/C boot :doh:

B.A.Ram said:
lol, I got an official letter from the R.S.V.P (Regional Smoking Vehicle Program) that said I could come in and have $500 of the repair cost subsidized...I couldn't help but laugh...
$500 towards a new turbo, then. :ft:

site says this has been goin on since 1992? wtf?

also says out-of-staters can be written up, but the cop has to 'observe' the violation.

one of my buddies that has a chipped 1997 Ford 7.3 got pulled over for blowin some smoke. the cop stated that the truck smoked because 'it was under unnecessary acceleration'. i forget the actual violation on the ticket.

Last edited:
03f3507.3 said:
yep 300cc's built by Ryan Casserly my big single deffently doesnt clean them up without a bit of spray lol going to be looking at adding a second turbo this summer:evil
You gonna go to the Dyno Day in Danville with that beast?

I just got reported by from dude who was too busy tailgating me....we'll see what happens....

Ill tell ya i hope Banks don't see this cause they would be looking down at everyone on here and get the great idea to report everyone on Comp D for smoke.:st:

I've been pulled over in my 12 valve for "disturbing the peace" (5" straight exhaust) but never for excessive smoke...and I have accidentally blacked out intersections with cops around. If I got a ticket I'd frame it and have a new avatar on here...:rockwoot:

In Stephenville cops have issued two citations for "excessive soot polution" as they called it. I have seen one of the two personally. Kinda funny to me! I like the plate 686smog thats awesome ! I need to try that but cops # lol

The town of Stephenville has more freakin diesel trucks than anyplace in the world I swear! And all of them just roll out smoke! On a Friday or Saturday night, all of the red lights thru town are just a haze, with the street lights shining down into the smoke, it makes it REAL hard to see anything! Most of the Stephenville residents have soot lining their lungs! lol

Back