Report smoking vehicles

I've always wondered about a smokin ticket. How many of you guys take a look around for cops after you roll out a nice one? I try not to get into it til the later part of second gear now. I got pulled over last summer for tire spin, but talked my buddie "the cop" out of it.

I've never gotten a smoking ticket, but my sister did get a letter from the Oregon DEQ a couple years ago that stated her car (a 1988 Nissan Sentra) had been reported as smoking excessively. That car never smoked until it spun a bearing and blew a rod out the bottom of the block several months later. Funny thing was, I was driving it the day it was reported as smoking (my truck was down and I was borrowing it). At the end of the letter it asked what measures were being taken to repair it and she thought about saying "I'm not letting my brother drive it anymore.":hehe:

I thought it was pretty funny, too. I keep waiting for one to show up because of my pickups, but I've yet to see one. Maybe the fact that they are registered as emissions exempt has something to do with it?:rules:

Back