Reviving a Lost Build: Finishing what Laramie4x4 started

I think they all come with rod bolts.

Pretty sure Haisley uses woodruff or mikes rods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Would love to finally see that truck running and making passes...

I'd loved to have bought it myself... Congrats!

Wade stop dragging this down the drain. The R&R's are a good rod and the redesign was done after we had enough experience without failures to feel comfortable with lightening the rod. I did the design and know just exactly what specifications were used for the models to start with. I talked with enough people to try and understand what there issues were before I ever got started and the weight we got to was acceptable to all those I spoke with prior to cutting the first part. Once we had a few years of Cummins rods under our belt we were able to see better what we could change without giving up strength. We stayed with the H beams design but Mike the owner at R&R want to change to a I beam as he felt Carrillo had run the H beam down due to there failures. To tell you the truth we have not had one failure of the rod to date but there has been a reported bolt failure, but since we could never get anything back to take a look at who really knows what happened there.

Carrillo was a great rod company but they were sold several years back and the parts were then shipped offshore so the parts today come from China and have for the past several years. I know they are not what they once were but you do what you feel fits your business model the best.

That engine was machined by Fowler racing engine, had .070 removed from the deck, 5.9 crank, haisley mls fire ring grooves cut in block and head, I assembled it with shot peened 12v rods and the engine ran perfect with the 472 for 5000 miles but bent rods in 2 days after the469/595 twins were installed, so all it needs it rods piston and a cam.

Well guys, some circumstances in the deal changed and it kind of turned me off to the whole deal. Not sure that this truck is going to be the one anymore...

But Danny Toops turned me onto another truck...So trust me there is going to be a build!

Well guys, some circumstances in the deal changed and it kind of turned me off to the whole deal. Not sure that this truck is going to be the one anymore...

But Danny Toops turned me onto another truck...So trust me there is going to be a build!

Sweet, I don't have to drive to Denver and pick up a truck anymore. :hehe: