Running 12.0's @ <1100* on #2 Only

1100 Feet, of course it is, heck fontana here is higher than that, and I have seen 11s

1100 degrees pre-turbo EGT is what I meant.

I wish I was only at 1100' of elevation! 4400' is what we have to deal with here.

We are an average of 250 ft above sea level. At HRP we are like 100ft above.

Whats the magic number of 1100º for? You can run much harder and not hurt the motor.

Amish Elegance said:
Whats the magic number of 1100º for? You can run much harder and not hurt the motor.

Well, someone told me they ran 12.0 on #2 with a Silver Bullet at 45psi and "proper tuning".

You can run way faster than 12.00's on #2, but you'll never do it at 1100 degrees. Just my .02. Thanks

JustinR said:
Well, someone told me they ran 12.0 on #2 with a Silver Bullet at 45psi and "proper tuning".

The Silver Bullet will take you to 12.00's I've ran 12.04 with mine but not at 1100 no way more like 1550 ot 1600.

we run just under 1200* at 11.30 have not checked it with the new injectors thats running a hx40 and htb3 but the truck only weighs in at 4240lbs

George,
How much do you have in that ride? Not counting the "R&D" part, lol.

Cummins Express said:
we run just under 1200* at 11.30 have not checked it with the new injectors thats running a hx40 and htb3 but the truck only weighs in at 4240lbs

I could see ~1200 with a truck that light. This guy has a QC 4x4.

He's a very active member here...maybe he will chime in and enlighten us as to how it's done? :poke:

EMcBride said:
George,
How much do you have in that ride? Not counting the "R&D" part, lol.
with out the year of bad trannys I cant see haveing over $12,000 at the very high end

JustinR said:
I could see ~1200 with a truck that light. This guy has a QC 4x4.

He's a very active member here...maybe he will chime in and enlighten us as to how it's done? :poke:

I think the member you speak of is currently banned....:rules: *bdh*

He was for a while but his shenanigans were cruel and tragic. Which made them not shenanigans at all. LOL

Wow... I read that other thread... that's scary how if someone new or 'virgin' to the diesel world, who's looking for some actually good information might be misled and make a bad choice from listening to the advice of someone who they don't even know isn't reputable!

Thank goodness for the good guys who have our backs.

BgBlDodge said:
He was for a while but his shenanigans were cruel and tragic. Which made them not shenanigans at all. LOL
If you say shenanigans one more time.....
Hey Farva, whats that bar you like?

The silver bullet in question was what he was drinking, not what was on the truck.