Running Compounds with No Wastegate

zrultima

I have a quick question I do see here a lot of guys running wastegates on there setup I have a steed speed and well unfortunately I didn't buy it with a wastegate. There isn't any good fabricator where I live so

First Question Can I run a s363/s480 setup without a wastegate I know the issues as of overspinning the secondary

Second Question: Is there anyway I can install a Wastegate other than the manifold I don't want to mess it up

Third Question: Is there a cheaper alternative?? Ex: Spring gate actuator

You can get those little spacer ones that go between the manifold and turbo.

Surely there must be a decent fabricator in Miami? Who is building the twin kit?

Isn't the steed regular steel?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I could have sworn they were two pieces of steel welded together and flanges welded on the inlets as well. Would make adding a gate less stressful.

You can get those little spacer ones that go between the manifold and turbo.

I've never heard anything good about the gate plates. I wish they were decent so I could add a gate and some NO to my truck.

If it makes you feel any better, in running a 63/68/.83 with an 84mm HT4B without a waste-gate.

Headcase how does it run??? Whats yor deive pressure lookinglike and Cornelius what do you mean spacer and where can i get it if i get one it will be a tial 38mm

06bigrob or big blue depending if I can get the plate from rob i can learn how to weld around here

I'm running a 63/475 with no gates it seems to do fine. I don't have a drive pressure gauge yet.

I don't have a drive gauge either, but it seems to run good. Just under 3/4 throttle I have 50psi total boost and 20psi from the primary.

I bought an ungated steed manifold and decided to put a port on later. Had Dow Brothers Racecars drill a hole in it and weld a flange on. No issues whatsoever.

Yeah i unfortunately dont trust anyone on here after i had assistance with a fass install i have always had issues finding a good shop and no welders around here that i know are worth a crap. So i dont trust myself ruining an manifold for a wastegate

Yeah i unfortunately dont trust anyone on here after i had assistance with a fass install i have always had issues finding a good shop and no welders around here that i know are worth a crap. So i dont trust myself ruining an manifold for a wastegate

You don't trust any of the compD nations opinions?

Isn't the steed regular steel?

Totally spaced that. Steed Speeds are definitely just mild steel that's been welded together in the middle. Very easy to drill a hole and weld one a gate port.

I've never heard anything good about the gate plates. I wish they were decent so I could add a gate and some NO to my truck.

ha ha didn't say I'd use one, just saying that's an option.

You can throw a stick in any direction and hit a welder that is more than capable of doing that job. It's clean steel, you can do the job on a bench, and it's never going to see over 120psi. I'd feel comfortable with the strength using an off brand 110 MIG, let alone anyone who can TIG with a decent setup. Just saying, do the prep, drop it off, pay the man $30, call it a day.

And this is what I was talking about:
plate2.jpg

Cornelius that would be exactly what i would look for and no there is no shops around here in miami i would trust if you know one please let me know. I would love to learn how to weld but not on my dd lol. Cornelius is there anyone i can get one from??? I will probably be downsizing my secondary depending on the spool characteristics just buying a smaller exhaust housing a 83 or lower

I find it hard to believe Miami flroida or Ohio doesn't have any welders. I am in northern indiana and could find 1000 welders within 10 miles of me. Some cholo air ride stereo install shop could handle it for Gods sake

If he is around Miami of Ohio, I can name several reputable shops around here. Miami Fl....I have no idea.

I have no gate on my 72/88 compound setup. Granted my 72 is an s400 (87 turbine, 1.0 housing)..I make over 1000hp at less than 50 psi boost..on the dyno anyways. Street I see right at 60 psi.

This is on my dmax, little different but still no gate.

Holy crap mike lag city and yes Miami Fl name one ill give u 5 bucks if you find one worth a $