Running Compounds with No Wastegate

Extended Power why was your drive pressure so high did you have any restrictions?? That is the only I can think of. Wastegates for a lot of folks Ive seen have lower boost but increase in power and had up to 1:1 drive pressure to boost that would be ideal

Yes zfaylor your right not everyone can afford a ferrari but everyone around me drives Mercedes or bmw and I hate it because everytime I start up my truck I get looks and since I live in association people complain about my lousy 12v. I heard it this morning actually while I was snapping pics which im uploading ;). My parents are the same way one drives a new VW Passat and dad drives a lexus lol I wish I was back in NC

Your sig says you have 5" straight pipe exhaust which is probably a big reason for the stink-eyes...

20150526_073903_zpsyctqsv1f.jpg

Extended Power any issues with drive pressure did anything finally cause any issues??
I will probably run without a wastegate till I go back to NC. I may hit it once just to see the power on it but I wont be dogging it

No internal issues at all. (Coated pistons, Cunningham rods, H-11 head studs.)
The pressure, and temperature finally cooked one of my 40mm gates. (Soothed up, and burnt through the silicone Orings.
Also, with so much back pressure, I was finding that my intake manifold was getting a film of soot inside of it. With the valve overlap, the exhaust was coming back through the intake valves.

Changed to a better exhaust priority for the gate, and dumping to atmosphere now.
Also using an AMS 1000 for gate control.
If I ever get time to install my 50mm gate, I will tie the gate back into the hot pipe...but that will also require a bigger primary again.:bang

Just curious, what is up with your intercooler piping? They just slide together with no clamps and no boots for engine movement?

Also, those aren't show welds, but they'd be just fine for what you're wanting.

2 questions lol Meyers farm how the hell did you get that to work I copied the img link on my photobucket came up with that but thank you. 2nd question Cornelius what do u mean they slide together??? I have boots on the turbo side to slide into those 90 degree elbows but those are 2 90 degree elbows into an offset S. Those welds are terrible I hate looking at them and then the color scheme makes it worse lol

CTD2500 I have been trying to quiet down the exhaust by looking for a muffler but I will miss that big rig sound its just not in the books yet but if I do it I am going to downsize to a 4 inch mbrp exhaust

I would trust several in ft lauderdale. Just wouldn't want to pay them so I do my own crappy popcorn welds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
Ryan is begging for work. Hit him up. He is in coral springs off sawgrass and sample.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1
Sorry for the multiple post but I can only attach one at a time from my phone.

I did some searching on here a couple days ago on this very subject. Didn't come up with much info. In your situation you have a nice manifold and nice turbos might as well gate it and do it right.

In my situation I have junk turbos and ballin on a budget. Stock manifold with adapter plate. I may try a 67 hx52 with an 80 hx60 in a ghetto welded side by side setup. But I also have an hx40 I could use with the 60. Obviously the hx40 is more properly sized and has an internal gate. I want to push the limit of the stock pump and motor with some nitrous so with the 40/60 combo I probably need a gate on the manifold in addition to the internal, not a fan of those spacer gates.

Thank you Spoolin well the issue is I work 9-5 in Miami ill hit up Ryan and see if he could do my piping but the issue is getting it to him I live in downtown Miami so its hard to go to fort lauderale

I am balling on a budget too 4k truck and maybe 7 grand into my build using just nice supporting mods and box turbos lol

Spooling AWD I took it over to Ryan Im waiting on my piping now from BigBlue he says it would be ashame to mess the manifold up but if he has to he will. I will run it without a wastegate like some of you here hopefully nothing bad happens since I don't believe I will be overfueled

No need for the muffler. The primary will completely change it.

More info about gateless? Any manual guys running gateless? I like my 1800rpm 40psi of spool but need to switch to T4.

And any legit boost numbers or PR's? I haven't seen any solid numbers yet.

Here's my numbers and what I'd like to improve to make it safer. I'm doing some of that by porting the head but I still don't think the t3 will work for me at 900hp.

She's pushing a bit harder than I thought. 93psi total with 48 from the primary at 3500RPM. I am done asking for more fuel. Not comfortable pushing any harder without a drive pressure gauge. Both turbos look to be in the meat of their maps so I don't think its unhealthy as is. I'm actually extremely surprised to see the primary driving that hard. :confused: I guess the secondary has plenty of gate flow?

So if I'm doing my math right... 14.7+48/14.7= 4.27 PR on the primary.

and

14.7+93/14.7=7.32 PR overall.

so 7.32/4.27=1.71 PR secondary.

1.71 x 14.7 -14.7 = 10.5psi secondary. So I can tighten the gate a lot right?

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153165749863058&l=7338514708171872381

Last edited:
Back