Running Compounds with No Wastegate

Actually the spool is extremely minimal in my setup.

When I had my 60/65/12, HT3B compound setup on my 24 valve, it had no gate. I thought it was awesome. I then found a gated 14cm housing for the secondary...it made a world of difference.

Yes i know the exhaust housing plays a major role in spool up but i am using a box s480 so it will light up on top. I will eventually get a cam to help spool some but right now im worried about drive pressure since i see everyone with compounds having a wastegate to help.

I think you could send it to either of these two shops. They're both top notch and could get it done.:

T&A Diesel
(269) 832-6755
21502 D Dr S, Marshall, MI 49068, USA

Granby Truck Shop
(970) 887-9577
1557 4 Bar 4 Rd, Fraser, CO 80442, USA

Note: I don't work at or have any stake in either, just shooting out two names that I've seen their work and it's great quality.

Holy crap mike lag city and yes Miami Fl name one ill give u 5 bucks if you find one worth a $

https://www.google.com/maps/search/machine+shop+miami,+FL/@25.782324,-80.2310801,12z/data=!3m1!4b1

Quite a few machine shops came up in my google search. One specializes in marine outboard performance it said. Surely they can handle tig welding a flange on a manifold.

edit: If not I am packing up my welders and moving to Miami. There is clearly a massive gap in the market there. LOL

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately none of those are any good lol ive have called around and seen there work and terrible welds in fact i can show you the piping i had welded by who i thought was the best. That is why i dont have any work here i go up north. Problem here is alot of folks look down on diesel trucks or anything thats loud ans noisy. Alot of rich old people in Lamborghini Ferrari bugatti so machine shops are not really needed. If you blow a headgasket you just buy a new car

Yeah unfortunately none of those are any good lol ive have called around and seen there work and terrible welds in fact i can show you the piping i had welded by who i thought was the best. That is why i dont have any work here i go up north. Problem here is alot of folks look down on diesel trucks or anything thats loud ans noisy. Alot of rich old people in Lamborghini Ferrari bugatti so machine shops are not really needed. If you blow a headgasket you just buy a new car

Not to be a dick, but I don't believe that at all.
I'd like to see the pictures you've offered to show.

I ran a 63mm over a 80mm on a 6.0L and had major drive pressure issues.
Running a gate with poor priority, (like those gate plates), don't do much at all.
Ran a 40mm gate I to the hot pipe, and still had over 100 psi drive to 65 psi total boost.
And that was with 50 psi in the hotpipe, and 30 psi coming out of the primary.
Yes, I have gauges everywhere.

Yes zfaylor your right not everyone can afford a ferrari but everyone around me drives Mercedes or bmw and I hate it because everytime I start up my truck I get looks and since I live in association people complain about my lousy 12v. I heard it this morning actually while I was snapping pics which im uploading ;). My parents are the same way one drives a new VW Passat and dad drives a lexus lol I wish I was back in NC

Extended Power any issues with drive pressure did anything finally cause any issues??
I will probably run without a wastegate till I go back to NC. I may hit it once just to see the power on it but I wont be dogging it

Can anyone tell me what was your drive pressure looking like with no wastegate

[ame="http://s11.photobucket.com/user/zrultima/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150526_073854_zpsudq1qzfk.jpg.html"]20150526_073854_zpsudq1qzfk.jpg Photo by zrultima | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s11.photobucket.com/user/zrultima/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150526_073903_zpsyctqsv1f.jpg.html"]20150526_073903_zpsyctqsv1f.jpg Photo by zrultima | Photobucket[/ame]

I cant get the imagine to come out on the post so I guess just click on the pics they will come up