S10 drag truck build

IMHO, the panhard bar would be the first thing to go. I would replace it with a track locator. I've seen to many of them break.

I think you would be OK moving the seat support backwards as long as you moved the main hoop with it or added an additional main hoop. The idea is to encapsulate the driver. Of course, once the main hoop is moved, new A bars will have to be built and installed. So, I'd just add another main hoop and sorta bar it up to look like a funny car enclosure.

Again, JMHO

One question can anyone get me the dimensions of a 12v long block and/or the dimensions of a 2wd 47re.

Sure, what did you want? I have a junk block/head and I'm sure I could find a junk trans if you need a mockup piece.

I was just looking for a length width and height of engine and length of trans. Did you have to modify the frame at all to get it to fit in the engine bay?

So wanted to get some opinions on the engine from you all. I'm thinking
Fuel:
Benched 180 5k gsk
AirDog/Fass 220gph
5x.018 Injectors
Air:
s363 over s480 but wondering if I could get away with running a big single to save some weight
188/220 cam?
Engine:
Arp 625s
P+P head
Springs
Retainers
Push Rods
I know its a fairly vague list but looking for help

Wow im jealous!!!! started this EXACT project last month and dumped it for $

Keep the pics up and kids workin! Good luck

Jake

IMPO which prob doesnt count for much. The truck is going to weigh somewhere in the 3800-4100 lb range (my Dakota weighed 4200 back halved and shortened dana 70 wit 2 seats, me in it) and to get to your goal of mid to low 6's. You are going to need 800 hp.

for that I would run s400 charger 67-72mm range with spray and 40mm wastegate. I could see 650-700 rwhp coming from that setup and you could make up the rest with nitrous.

Man I wish they did this when I was in high school. Hope the kids take full advantage of what ur doing for them.

Some are taking advantage and some aren't. Kid decided to spit in the bed so he is now clean in the shop with a tooth brush for the rest of the week.

For 1/8mi racing, 4.30s might work.

I'd say no to those gears. I ran 3.70 before I snapped the axle shafts and then went with a 3.50 pro gear and still a stock engine it pulls much harder then with the 3.70's

I looked to see where Corryton was and your a bit of a hike from me. Are you planning on coming to Beans dyno/pull thing on the 19th ? I'll have my Ranger there if you needed to get any ideas.