S10 drag truck build

Yea I'm going to try to make it out there. It would be great to meet you and bounce some ideas of you.

OK guys need a lot of help here. My supervisor just called me and asked if I would want to run a duramax instead. The engine is an 06 and includes all electronics. I'm not a big duramax guy but I want to make around 800 HP on fuel and close to 1000 HP with giggle gas. What do you guys think

I'm thinking full build. Rods, pistons, head work, 60% injectors, dual cp3, not sure on sizing but definitely twins

You guys must have a good budget. But what Trans behind it. Still a 47

That's what I'm thinking. No need for a 6 speed Allison to run an 1/8th mile.

I'm just glad I'm the one who gets to introduce these kids into the diesel world. Especially with a project like this. I'm hoping to have it running by the end of the school year but my kids are the ones that want to push to get it running sooner.

You sir are my hero I wish I had a diesel class when I graduated last year :clap:

Dmax and a powerglide. someone makes a bellhousing that will take a 13" converter. Check with Jeff Dean (stingpuller) for more info.

2006 should be a LBZ which is a good platform as the ecm can be loaded with a manual transmission OS so it won't miss the Allison.

Duramax and a turbo 400 or glide, IIRC they bolt right up. Suncoast makes an adpt for the 47 if you want to run that.

800HP Dmax will need rods and pistons, decent turbo(s) and 2xcp3. If you are going to spray it, I'd look at 100% injectors.

Please listen to this man. ^^^ He knows what he's talking about.

2006 should be a LBZ which is a good platform as the ecm can be loaded with a manual transmission OS so it won't miss the Allison.

Duramax and a turbo 400 or glide, IIRC they bolt right up. Suncoast makes an adpt for the 47 if you want to run that.

800HP Dmax will need rods and pistons, decent turbo(s) and 2xcp3. If you are going to spray it, I'd look at 100% injectors.

The turbo 400 and glide will bolt right up to the Duramax without an adapter.

The turbo 400 and glide will bolt right up to the Duramax without an adapter.

Curious what made you go with the ford tranny over a t-brake th400?
Exp. for a D Max guy, being able to use a great trans and have No adapter would seem like a no brainer to me? I cut 1.32 60' with mine 4500# 2wd. I noticed that Bean also went with this particular ford tranny when he bought the truck from me...he needed an adapter anyhow behind the CR Cummins.......

Tucker

Last edited:
Curious what made you go with the ford tranny over a t-brake th400?
Exp. for a D Max guy, being able to use a great trans and have No adapter would seem like a no brainer to me? I cut 1.32 60' with mine 4500# 2wd. I noticed that Bean also went with this particular ford tranny when he bought the truck from me...he needed an adapter anyhow behind the CR Cummins.......

Tucker

:pop:

Does anyone else besides Jeff run a th400 or glide behind a dmax? If so, is there a certain converter that works best?

Look up Freak Show Performance and ask for Michael. He is the guy that used to work for Art Carr and built all my convertors, well still does. Feel free to tell him that Tucker sent ya, you'll be surprised by what they cost.