S366 Turbo

zrultima

:st: Well I just got this turbo from Forced Induction its a S366 /74/91 I would like to know what upgrades I would need I went to the cummins forum and it seems like its an obscure turbo but a good friend recommended it for me. So I went and bought it but I would like to know what supporting mods I need so far I have AFC tuned no smoke, 4gsk, Built Tranny, is a 1997 12 valve Cali model, EGR Blocked 2WD. I will be getting a DTT mechanical pump in the near future to make sure its getting Fuel. I really appreciate any input

That's a lot of turbo for your current mods....what's your HP goal with the truck?

It will not be very responsive below 2000 rpm, you will learn how to work your gears. The Cali intake horn is fairly restrictive, look for one off a 49 state truck and swap it in. As far as installing it, you will need a 4'' HX40 downpipe, T3/T4 flange adapter, oil feed adapter, new oil drain by hacking the old flange off and using hose or a flexible metal drain.

Otherwise you're going to want bigger fuel injectors to the flavor of 5x.014 or 5x.016, a set of moderate delivery valves, timing bump to 17-22* and a lot of AFC tuning to get it to behave on the street. Lots of different ways to go about this, start reading

You'll want to do timing, head studs, valve springs (with retainers and keepers), and injectors. That should get you in the ball park, and then from there you can still get crazy with more parts that will improve it.

Oooh ok i have a custom intake horn timing us set at 18 degrees for now runs clean and fast what delivery valves should i buy 191s or 24s the hard part is the injectors

Oooh ok i have a custom intake horn timing us set at 18 degrees for now runs clean and fast what delivery valves should i buy 191s or 24s the hard part is the injectors

I'd do 5x.014's if you want to run clean, 5x.016's if you want to get towards the max fuel that turbo can handle. And talk to Weston about his 7mm DV's. I'm going to try them out soon.

Also, you'll want to bump the timing up to at least 23deg IMO.

Do you have head studs, or valve springs?

Well never heard of the 7mm dv's , dont have the studs and valve springs yet im trying to decide on the valve springs i dont know how big i should go ive heard going to big is bad i will be buying everything at once i was hoping for a quick truck and was going to do the hx35/s366 i heard it be good up to 800 hp

TMONEY right im pretty sure i cant use the hx40 downpipe i am still trying to find how to make the turbo work i buying the adapter this week from bd power but i am willing to spend the money to make sure everything right

just call up Taylor (TMONEY) he can get you everything that you need!!

Need to do it Local just in case I am missing anything I bought the downpipe and the adapter from stainless Diesel with the marmon flange

What kind of injectors would u run I want the most hp available I may go bigger in the future a lot bigger

Smokem makes a nice set of 5X14s, I had them in mine for a while. Then I bumped up to 5X20's after a pile of new parts

Well i would be happy with 600 for now because i know a tranny upgrade is like 5g after 600hp i went to cummins injectors.com and they have 7x14 and 5x16 a 7 hole and a 5 which would be the better bet

Hurley u almost have 600 hp with a 63 so i think i would be able to get more than 600 with a 66mm

Yes, but not with an hx35/s366 set of compounds.

The gap between more and enough never changes.

Hurley u almost have 600 hp with a 63 so i think i would be able to get more than 600 with a 66mm

That's true, but not set up with an hx35 in compounds. Take an S366 with a large e-gate and nitrous, and you can probably make 650-700

BD's towing twins are a 57/65 over an S366 (66/73/.91T4), and are rated in the 450-550whp range.

Are you running a straught single how is the spool on it?? But 539 to the wheels is pretty good for your setup