S366 Turbo

it's not 'the cats meow', but it moves well. my best description is that it likes RPM to be happy.

Thats what it sounds like but being mine is a 66 wouldnt it produce much more power more towards 650??

I have decided to make It a secondary for my twin kit going to run a s480 for a primary after talking to a new friend. hes running a s366 over a fmw 82 he drives it as a DD and does 10's in the 1/4 I will get a cam on the truck once i have the funds for the primary i cant wait to see her run. He says the usual problem with folks running the s366 is they cant tune the afc so it comes out to be very laggy but he states he spooled his at 1700 rpm with proper afc tunning

Enough fuel first and then AFC tuning. If you're light on fuel you can tune all you want and it'll still lag.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I will be running S366/S480 I currently trying to decide what valvesprings to purchase but I have ARP Studs that I will be ordering soon. I am trying to see what do I need to hold this much boost I am on a budget

I will be running S366/S480 I currently trying to decide what valvesprings to purchase but I have ARP Studs that I will be ordering soon. I am trying to see what do I need to hold this much boost I am on a budget

How much is this much?

What kind of budget? Oftentimes this means "I am looking to do this on the cheap". If that is the case then run the 66 as a single, tune it well and be happy until you can afford to step up to 66/80 compounds. There is much more to it than hanging a large turbo underneath the 66 and throwing fuel at it.

Last edited:
Something that would hold 75psi or more boost I have one of the turbos already and the other turbo I can get easily and cheaply but I dont want to blow my motor

Something that would hold 75psi or more boost I have one of the turbos already and the other turbo I can get easily and cheaply but I dont want to blow my motor

So buy the turbo for future use. Run the single. If money is an issue and you are worried about blowing something up then you may want to stick with a 500-600 horse build rather than an 800+ build. Thats my $.02

Well then what would be the best supporting mods like i said im l9oking towards the future. I just want to have a nice fast truck

You're trying to jump in and buy a bunch of bolt on parts from any online store you can find. Just chill out, maybe do your 66, find out all the stuff on that setup that you are eventually going to hate (probably most of it), and then you'll start learning from your mistakes.
It doesn't sound like you want to spend a lot of time reading on here, so instead of spending time doing that, you can spend money learning it on your own.
If you want to just bolt up a 66 and 80 or 83 or whatever with a lot of fuel, you're most likely going to blow head gaskets, freeze plugs, walk a cam gear, crack a head, slam a valve or two into the pistons, and eventually just throw that long block out.
Just my $.02

Well i have read a few threads here and on the cumminsforum this one is geared more towards racing. I have spoke with a few guys who are running this setup and they love it but again I am not knowledgeable on everything. All I am trying to do for now is bulletproof my truck so when i do upgrade everything the engine wont go boom.

Well i have read a few threads here and on the cumminsforum this one is geared more towards racing. I have spoke with a few guys who are running this setup and they love it but again I am not knowledgeable on everything. All I am trying to do for now is bulletproof my truck so when i do upgrade everything the engine wont go boom.

You're going to need to spend a good deal more than the turbo's and injectors then. If I were you, I'd sit back and read for a while. Go read through that junker truck thread because it touches on a lot, but it's also a long thread.

That is what we are trying to tell you. If you slap a 66 over an 80 on and throw a ton of fuel at it then it will go boom eventually.

Real question is have you ever driven a 500+ hp truck?

You're going to need to spend a good deal more than the turbo's and injectors then. If I were you, I'd sit back and read for a while. Go read through that junker truck thread because it touches on a lot, but it's also a long thread.

This^^

Junker thread is like a bible. You don't necessarily want to follow it to a t but it has a lot of lessons in it for the beginner.

I have driven a 500hp truck it was a duramax and a guy who was selling on cummins down here but it wasnt a 12v i read 44 pgs on junker thread man he really took the regular head bolts to their limits. From what i have learned is I need 024 dv from ddp and well i was looking at his lift pump rig i do enjoy what his done very helpful stuff. But he was able to get into the low 12 with basically a mild built tranny and 2 holset twins which are similar to what i want to run. I dont need a 10 second truck but want to get these twins in there

I have driven a 500hp truck it was a duramax and a guy who was selling on cummins down here but it wasnt a 12v i read 44 pgs on junker thread man he really took the regular head bolts to their limits. From what i have learned is I need 024 dv from ddp and well i was looking at his lift pump rig i do enjoy what his done very helpful stuff. But he was able to get into the low 12 with basically a mild built tranny and 2 holset twins which are similar to what i want to run. I dont need a 10 second truck but want to get these twins in there

He's in the 10's and I wouldn't call his trans mild.

Well i am on pg 44 like i said he was in low 12 when i stopped reading I just cant be on a website all day unfortunately would love to but I cant but yes with his twin setup he was in the low 12 with basically nothing done to the bottom end but valve springs. In which I already bought some hamilton 165pds with titanium retainers just in case.

Valve springs aren't part of the bottom end.
The bottom end should be pretty good though. Rod bolts, and main studs would be nice though.

whoops yeah my mistake i was trying to say top end... bottom end is bone stock 244k miles so thats why im starting to wonder how much is really needed

:charger:Well guys i have a few things taken care off i bought some 025 dv from bigblue and arp studs i will be getting the injectors tommorw

Attachments

• 20140612_073736.jpg
    20140612_073736.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
Back