S467.7 CR talk for a Daily Driver

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
Ive been doing a lot of nit picking and "turbo soul searching" here lately.
I read the 18 page s467 thread and while there was a LOT of good info there, most of the talk was applicable to the vp and p-pumped trucks. Busted Knuckles had some info on a CR/ smarty that was impressive.

Id like to hear more from folks that have said turbo with aftermarket one piece manifolds and possibly EFI.

My setup is tired and im ready to go back to a more modern single. im ditching my stock over 475 and the ats 3 piece.
Drive pressures have always bothered me and i would like to hear about your setups with the 467.7 and you you really feel. (i.e. drive pressures, egt's spool off idle)

My rig is a DD and i tow a 12k camper twice a month for a few hours. When Im home its a lot of stop and go houston style traffic and when im at work its a 10 hour drive to west texas and new mexico. (I guess you could say the truck sees it all)

Im thinking SD T4 manifold and a .9ar for the 467.7 im thinking my hamilton 188/220 will be a plus for the single but my new 15LC converter is tighter than i have ever run. I also feel my 50 overs (roughly 110-120 sticks) will do the job fine and not kill me while towing...

do i have my ducks in a row? thoughts on the subject?
thx,
-Marcus

Take my results, subtract 200rpm spool, and add 200hp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If it gets to that point I'd be interested in your twin setup, good luck with your information search

Sent from phone

im pretty locked in on this setup i believe. i just need some more opinions on real word driveability. im also on the search to get the best price/ kit.

My compound setup is up for grabs, but i will warn you the he351 is due for a rebuild. the truck has 200k on it. i can do the rebuild of the buyer can. just being fair.

Sounds like the only thing you are waiting on is to pull the trigger. You won't be dissapointed. It will make good power and still have good street manners.

thats what i am wanting to hear i guess.

is it just me or is stainless diesel's site down? i get an error on the phone and the wifi laptop.

any recommendations for sellers of the kit on compD

I ran the S467.7 with a SteedSpeed T4. 120hp nozzles 10mm Stroker, and EFI live. Made awesome power. Light smoke while daily driving.

I never really towed much with it, but It was 10x better than my II silver bullet 66.

What did you not like about the twin setup? I am gathering the parts to do a stock over a 467 on an 06. I know they say the 6.7 will light the 67mm nice but not sure how the 5.9 will. Good luck with it and post your results.

I've been running the 467 for over a year now and have nothing but great things to say about it.

It's a great all around turbo that you can tow or just daily drive it. I just made 785/1462 on winter blend also with a single 10mm stroker pump and 80% overs.

So you know, I know where there's a great deal on a SD second gen kit with with a polished manifold and turbo. The kit is brand new still in the boxes. Pm me if you're interested.

There's nothing to not love. Quick spool, lots of power, nearly smoke free all the time. Low egts while cruising, and lots of rolling burn outs when the hammer drops!

I went 11.3 at 120 with mine and love. I'm really gonna miss it when it's time to upgrade to something larger.

thats great news fellas. seems that no one has a bad thing to say. i actually ordered from CPP late last night. they had an easter sale going on for the SD kit and it took about 300$ off the kit price. you know what they say, price sells!

I've been running the 467 for over a year now and have nothing but great things to say about it.

It's a great all around turbo that you can tow or just daily drive it. I just made 785/1462 on winter blend also with a single 10mm stroker pump and 80% overs.
on stock internals/ cam? thats awesome. what elevation?

most of my towing is about 12k at sea level with plenty of air so i guess i shouldnt be worried.

i really cant complain about the kit other than drive pressure's. I have been battling high EGT's with a very streetable tune but thats not really the kits fault. my he351 has been going for quite some time now and the mileage was adding up.

i guess with the new turbo advancements and the addition of efi live a few years ago, we can do WAY more making sizable singles DD friendly. i also wanted to free up some room under the hood and also gain some air on the big end.

i also am a fan of change. many CR guys on here have gone so far on singles and ive been taking notes!:Cheer:

-Marcus

thats great news fellas. seems that no one has a bad thing to say. i actually ordered from CPP late last night. they had an easter sale going on for the SD kit and it took about 300$ off the kit price. you know what they say, price sells!

Good choice. I've had my turbo on 2 stainless manifolds and 1 steed. I liked the stainless way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran the S467.7 with a SteedSpeed T4. 120hp nozzles 10mm Stroker, and EFI live. Made awesome power. Light smoke while daily driving.

I never really towed much with it, but It was 10x better than my II silver bullet 66.

very close setup to me on the fuel side. may i ask what timing you are running on the big end? when my swap is done we will be damn close as far as setup goes. minus my small cam

on stock internals/ cam? thats awesome. what elevation?

most of my towing is about 12k at sea level with plenty of air so i guess i shouldnt be worried.

i really cant complain about the kit other than drive pressure's. I have been battling high EGT's with a very streetable tune but thats not really the kits fault. my he351 has been going for quite some time now and the mileage was adding up.

i guess with the new turbo advancements and the addition of efi live a few years ago, we can do WAY more making sizable singles DD friendly. i also wanted to free up some room under the hood and also gain some air on the big end.

i also am a fan of change. many CR guys on here have gone so far on singles and ive been taking notes!:Cheer:

-Marcus

Yes, completely stock internals with only an exception of ARP 2000 head studs, Hamilton 110 valve springs and Hamilton HD pushrods.

I know it'd do more but my pump is done. Hopefully this fall while still on summer fuel with and another tweak on the tune I can push it over 800 before I change the setup up again.

Yes, completely stock internals with only an exception of ARP 2000 head studs, Hamilton 110 valve springs and Hamilton HD pushrods.

I know it'd do more but my pump is done. Hopefully this fall while still on summer fuel with and another tweak on the tune I can push it over 800 before I change the setup up again.

Don't worry, I'll push it as hard as the turbo will go here shortly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very close setup to me on the fuel side. may i ask what timing you are running on the big end? when my swap is done we will be damn close as far as setup goes. minus my small cam

No idea... But same tuning lol... So you should be good.

Back