S467.7 CR talk for a Daily Driver

are you speaking of a rubber cork with a bolt in the middle. similar to a water well plug?

for those of you that bought the kit from SD or CPP, does anyone know the S&B Air filter # that comes in the kit so i can order an outerwears prefilter for it? the sand is horrible in west texas!

guess not.

well, i should be home in less than a week then its time to throw some wrenches around! im more than ready!:rockwoot:

well, the install went well. Once the compounds were out of the way the 67.7 went on like a breeze.

the intercooler pipe was too short by about 3/4" but i worked around it.

the only real problem was the intake tube sent in the kit is clearly wrong. it does not have enough bend in it to clear anything.

Attachments

• 20140519_174304.jpg
    20140519_174304.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
I have the same SD kit, you have to trim the hump hose way back on both sides. I ended up buying a Vibrant silicone coupler.

ubepu7e7.jpg
rusa7a4y.jpg

I got my coupler from intake hoses along with some clamps and 6" piping, AFE filter from XDP at the open house, done.

I'll tell ya, to me it is unacceptable that anyeone sells a kit for a SINGLE, that can't fit as delivered. I guess that's why I refuse to buy any compound kits even though it would save me a lot if time and money. Rant over.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Not every turbo or intercooler is the same, all the dude has to do is trim the coupler back a bit.

Oh, I know it's a simple fix. I would personally expect it to fit without any trimming. If it was purchased as a universal kit then I guess it ok. I'm picky as hell about things. That's all.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

im curious and been looking into this setup as well hope It works out good for ya

I have one on my 6.7 it has the 1.10 housing stock I fueling with efi live and runs and tows great!

Thinking about picking up one for my 07 along with some 100-150hp injectors and a cam.
Looking to make a cool 650-700.

The intake tube was an easy fix. i just cut the piping down closer to the bend.
i really wish there was a little more bend to that intake piece so the filter wasn't in such a tight spot but ill live for now. if the filter was about 2 inches shorter it would fix a lot of fitment issues, but its not that bad... im just picky.

I am going to make a heat shield to protect the filter from dirt the fan slings around and i want to deflect some heat from that side of the motor more importantly.

other than that this single is a blast!!!
My drive pressures WAY happier, rolling burnouts if i lay into it going any less than 60 mph:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

going 65-75 on the freeway i can chirp the tires when i get to full tilt... the compounds NEVER DID that on the big end:evil.
s4677.jpg

for you EFI live guys, i have had my head buried in my laptop for almost a week pretty steady working on the CSP5 switch over and making 5 new tunes from the drawing board.
Im getting closer everyday to being where i want to be but then i drive from houston to midland and have to adapt for the baro pressure and elevation change.

With the compounds i was happy with my fuel at 2700 and now this 467 will take 3200 of fuel and show me the same EGT's......(right now i am concentrating on making my street tunes the best they can be before les pulls the trigger on a set of "hot" tunes for the dyno)
I am working on a new set of boost limiters to take on the street this week and i am trying to pull some injection quantity from the main pulse but i must be doing something wrong because the smoke just wont go away.

I am taking this time to give a Big thanks to Silver Bullet Tuning. This Man has taken so much time out of his busy days to answer all my ADD/ OCD based questions about tuning (even tho im sure he wants to strangle me sometimes). I get it wrong about as much as i get it right but i am constantly getting deeper and deeper into EFI live thanks to him.

Well, its only a 15 mile drive from the RV park to the Drilling Rig so i dont get all the drive time i want until the 7 hour drive home in 3 weeks. It is also 73* in the way to work and 100* driving back to camp so its a responsive beast and then it turns into a smokey turd driving home.*bdh*

Sorry for the book, but i wanted to give everyone my best opinion.

-Marcus

Last edited:
Back