S467.7 CR talk for a Daily Driver

i will be sure to post up some install pics and some dyno #'s with the current tune and then with one of les's hotter tunes.

Anyone running one hanging off of a straight flanged steed, on a 3rd gen? I've got one ready to go on after Dex's race, just need to order the piping bends and I'll be ready to fab. Needing an idea of how many bends to order.

@SixOhh if you're selling your twin kit shoot me a pm about it

Sent from phone

S467.7 won't fit 3rd gen mounted. Cover contacts the motor mount

i got your PM penni, i will reply when i get a better idea of what im going to do with the kit. ive had several offers on it

Oh well shucks I don't know where I fall inline but just let me know whatever lol thanks

Sent from phone

Anyone running one hanging off of a straight flanged steed, on a 3rd gen? I've got one ready to go on after Dex's race, just need to order the piping bends and I'll be ready to fab. Needing an idea of how many bends to order.

Here's mine... Even with the longer drain tube, I still had to splice it, which I messed up fully securing and made a mess of oil under my truck.

IMAG0824.jpg

Last edited:

I think you misread him les. :poke: i think he means 3rd gen body with a strait manifold.

While were on the subject guys, some kits run the one piece manifold facing up and some facing down. some claim facing up flows more. I cant see why would that change anything...

Here's mine... Even with the longer drain tube, I still had to splice it, which I messed up fully securing and made a mess of oil under my truck.

IMAG0824.jpg

i like that. did you have to clock the comp housing?
i really like that intake tube! how does the turbo sound with everything up that high?

Yeah after I re-read it, I missed the mark on the question.

The turbo is very quiet. It's almost a disappointment, only until you press the loud pedal down. lol

im used to quiet with my compounds. one always muffles the other. then again, id rather hear the spool than a strait piped CR.

les, im getting corrective eye surgery in a few months... wanna go in on a group discount with me?:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::stab:

When I first installed it I was in ah... But all I had was just the down pipe on. Lol I drove it maybe 4 miles to the muffler shop and wow. The turbo would scream under light throttle. But I didn't get on it bc I didn't want my undercarriage to be covered in soot.

After the rest of the exhaust was mounted up (muffler) it was quiet. You can still hear the turbo, but nothing like it was. Which is understandable.... I had to clock the housing maybe 20 degrees if that. Not much, it went on fairly easy. But clocking it wasn't bad. The only thing I wish I had done different was going with either a longer oil drain tube, or a slanted manifold. So I wouldn't have the leak I had.

Here is a vid I took when I first started it up with the new turbo/ manifold/ and cp3.
[ame]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x228/4x4lover_bucket/VIDEO0009.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:
Here is my Dyno of last year. I was the one dynoing, and it really didn't know what I was doing. Lol.

I put down 690/1200. Could've been more if someone who knew what they were doing drove, this was my 2nd time ever dynoing. I also had issues with my lock up switch, you can hear the trans downshifting each run. But oh well. It was fun.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4ChkyrjOs"]690/1200 Worlds Finals Ennis[/ame]

Yeah after I re-read it, I missed the mark on the question.

My 366 barely clears the shock tower with an angled, I wouldn't even attempt a 400 with a 3rd gen mani :lolly:

While were on the subject guys, some kits run the one piece manifold facing up and some facing down. some claim facing up flows more. I cant see why would that change anything...

Hot air rises LOL Your video pretty much showed me what I needed. I went with a v banded cover but I think I can get it connected with one bend. Might go with two to make an easier transition. Your down pipe clearance looks pretty good to, gotta make one of those also.

i will assume that my kit will come with a long drain tube obviously. if i dont like it then ill rob the one of my current top charger.

i didnt think it would need clocking much from looking at pics ive seen. but thats the easy part right? ive been out of the turbo game for about 2 years now. its funny when you get a new setup and become satisfied with it and dont keep up with the changes that happen in the industry in the following years! i never thought i would go from compounds back to a single .... but here i go!

i am also looking forward to this new style manifold. i always hated the 2 allen bolts in the bottom side of my ats 3 piece. PITA to get to and they were a pain to get started and HAD to be the first ones to go in on my setup. ugh

I'm not sure how different your's will be from a 2nd gen, but with a straight flange steed, my compressor housing outlet was pointed at about 7:30, looking from the front. Right at the base of the shock tower. I just cut the stock drain, and added soft line to lengthen it.

Yea it's not much clocking needed, maybe a few degrees... Just loosen the nut on the clamp and you will feel it come loose. Clock the housing where you need it and tighten back up. Make sure you hold on to it. So it doesn't come in contact with the wheel.

And the drain tube shouldn't be an issues even if you have to splice it. I tried to use a rubber hose over the stock drain tube and the oil leaked passed the rubber hose. So it was my fault.

it just occurred to me that i will have to plug one of my drain lines into the block since im going back to a single, and i have NO idea where that freeze plug is!:bang:bang:doh:

Back