s467 or s472?

No the 475 was on my previous truck, it was a 5.9. It spooled great. I drove that truck everyday, including multiple 1400+ mile trips. Granted that truck had 100% overs, dual CP3s, sidemount intake, yada yada yada. The 475/87/.90 spooled at 1800, then the 476/87/1.0 I switched to spooled at 1900-2000 but really pushed some air, made the 475 seem weak.

I'm hoping that this 467 will spool around 1300-1400. This header is supposedly quicker to spool, by a few hundred rpm, than other manifolds so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
It was $1000. Which was nice cause most of the 75s & 76 I tried were around $2000. Lol

Kind of a matter for what you use the truck for. My truck was a street truck that never towed. It could have, but I don't think it would've been much fun. I also was looking to make the most power I could at the track, so I went with the 475. The 467 will push enough air to keep up with your injectors, but the turbine wheel/housing could prove to be too small depending on your tuning & weight you tow. I vote 467, enjoy great spool up and drivability, then if need be grow from there.

Cast 467 vs the fmw 467 I've heard several say the fmw is better than a billet copy if the cast wheel ? 40% over nozzles on a 5.9 enough fuel to tow 10k to 12k lbs with?

Cast 467 vs the fmw 467 I've heard several say the fmw is better than a billet copy if the cast wheel ? 40% over nozzles on a 5.9 enough fuel to tow 10k to 12k lbs with?

Fmw stands for forged milled wheel... It's a fancy way to say billet.

The cast wheel would spool faster then the billet if it's a direct copy simply because of the weight of the wheel. However, according to BW the billet is better for withstanding abuse. High PR, over speeding, constant stop and go, and heat.

The s467 is a 400 frame turbo. It is not a towing turbo. The fact that it can when needed is nice nth anyone buying a turbo with solely towing in mind... This isn't for you. Speaking for a 5.9 of course.

Love the smokeless power man, makes it even more of a sleeper...until the turbo lights of course. Lol very sweet truck

I'm really leaning the way of the 467. Any more videos of these on a 5.9? I'm thinking twin pumps and 100% over exergys would be about the right amount of fuel to keep it happy? I've got a little lower than stock stall in my triple disk, will that help or hurt me with this charger?

Last edited:
I'm really leaning the way of the 467. Any more videos of these on a 5.9? I'm thinking twin pumps and 100% over exergys would be about the right amount of fuel to keep it happy? I've got a little lower than stock stall in my triple disk, will that help or hurt me with this charger?

I've got a 467 on the way from tmoney. I'm running 80% over injectors and a single pump from shane. Turbo should be here next week. I'll post up my experience with it when I get it installed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2