S475 vs S475SX4

Not the one i have, Industrial told me i could have the 14cm gated housing or the 16cm non gated for it. Its a K31 base, with billet comp wheel, and a silver bullet 12 blade turbine wheel....

that is like the one im talking about

Not the one i have, Industrial told me i could have the 14cm gated housing or the 16cm non gated for it. Its a K31 base, with billet comp wheel, and a silver bullet 12 blade turbine wheel....

How big is the compressor discharge? How big is the compressor inlet?

Im not sure the comp discharge... Didnt ask them that, Its a 2.8 K31 comp housing, with a different shaft and turbine housin, and wheel. I can pull the housing off tonight and measure the discharge. The picture is in my sig. Its deffinitely not a 300 comp housing lol

Well 2.8 is 71mm for the most part. Basically if the compressor discharge is a vband with a 4.2 in OD, then it is k31/s400/GT42 compressor housing based.

Well 2.8 is 71mm for the most part. Basically if the compressor discharge is a vband with a 4.2 in OD, then it is k31/s400/GT42 compressor housing based.

The one mark burris sells takes the same elbow and clamp as my s400 i do believe.

Its the 4.2 v band housing, and takes the same elbow as the s400's. And my turbine is not the silver bullet come to find out, it is a 12 blade turbine wheel

I actually like the smaller S400 turbine and housings versus the big 96 wheel and 1.32 housings...it's just too lazy for me anymore. If you don't have huger RPM, or don't spray, I just don't see the need for the bigger wheel and housing...and you can squeeze some more out of the little ones with a good wastegate...

I'll be building a twinset with the help of ED for some chargers...60/65/12 over a 78/83/1.10...goal is 600hp towing on fuel, more than that I'll be happy. I've also built a set using a 57/65/14 over a 78/83/1.10 and they spool wicked fast on a little VE pumped truck, and run VERY clean for a VE.

I can't wait for Chris to let me know my chargers shipped...since I think I hurt my VGT I've been testing:(

Chris

I don't like to run a larger turbine than compressor. Just my preference. I have seen many times a larger turbine wheel allow you to drive the compressor harder.

I don't like to run a larger turbine than compressor. Just my preference. I have seen many times a larger turbine wheel allow you to drive the compressor harder.

You mean you don't like a larger compressor than your turbine??

Normally, I would agree...but for a primary, I haven't seen a problem...we're not trying to push these things over 40psi for the most part...if you are, you need need bigger wheels anyway:D

IMHO at least,
Chris

You mean larger compressor than turbine?

Edit: too late:hehe:

You do realize every fruitcake with a bastard PS66 or Seldpuller 66 is gonna PM you wanting you to buy their surging *****'s.

Last edited:
Yea I wrote it backwards. Oops, I guess that is what I get for surfing compD and trying to read Johnny Appleseed. LOL

You do realize every fruitcake with a bastard PS66 or Seldpuller 66 is gonna PM you wanting you to buy their surging *****'s.

LOL, yea I guess. I did have a 68mm wheel on an s300 with the 65 turbine and ironically that thing was fantastic on the street. While I knew others that had terrible luck with the 66/65 combos. I kind of suspect that possibly the 68 had different enough characteristics to make it a good running charger.

Serves you right Dan...getting hit up wanting to sell you about 45 used turbos that have always been cooled down, driven lightly, never seen over 40psi, or 1350*...

:hehe: :hehe:
Chris

i have the injection pump taken care of now (thanks to 01ppump). I would like to get opinions on if my turbo is enough or should i go bigger. I would have allready bought the big s475 but i dont like the 1.32 t6 housing.IF i could get the 88/96 turbin wheel in a 1.10 t4 i would be in buisiness but i know you are talking some money in custom machining. Tim

I actually like the smaller S400 turbine and housings versus the big 96 wheel and 1.32 housings...it's just too lazy for me anymore. If you don't have huger RPM, or don't spray, I just don't see the need for the bigger wheel and housing...and you can squeeze some more out of the little ones with a good wastegate...

I'll be building a twinset with the help of ED for some chargers...60/65/12 over a 78/83/1.10...goal is 600hp towing on fuel, more than that I'll be happy. I've also built a set using a 57/65/14 over a 78/83/1.10 and they spool wicked fast on a little VE pumped truck, and run VERY clean for a VE.

I can't wait for Chris to let me know my chargers shipped...since I think I hurt my VGT I've been testing:(

Chris

Yeah I am not looking for HUGE Power and don't sled pull so have no need for Huge RPMs. Maybe I should give ED a call.
I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, I am just trying to figure some things out before I succomb to the "we sell a ton of these kits, so it will work for you" mentality (not that there is anything wrong with that). However I am finding Happiness is more important than saving a few bucks.

Yeah I am not looking for HUGE Power and don't sled pull so have no need for Huge RPMs. Maybe I should give ED a call.
I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, I am just trying to figure some things out before I succomb to the "we sell a ton of these kits, so it will work for you" mentality (not that there is anything wrong with that). However I am finding Happiness is more important than saving a few bucks.

I've been more than happy with my experience so far with ED...it might take a little bit to get chargers, they are BUSY, but Chris talked with me about a couple options, and we decided on what we both thought would be the best compromise between top end and spool up for my goals...and believe me, there are a TON of options!

Chris