S475 vs S475SX4

600-700 hp with the smaller S400 turbine wheel(83mm) is cake. They run cool and weigh alot less. Don't go too small on the secondary though. You'll see high boost numbers and no power.

600-700 hp with the smaller S400 turbine wheel(83mm) is cake. They run cool and weigh alot less. Don't go too small on the secondary though. You'll see high boost numbers and no power.

I know what you mean Ron...We think the 60/65/12 should be ok for me though...high boost numbers will be easy to control with the gates planned for the setup, and hopefully the power will be about the same as it is now with the 71mm single, with lower EGT's

I've tried enough different setups, what's one more that might not work exactly like I wanted:hehe: We'll give it a shot!!

Chris

I've tried enough different setups, what's one more that might not work exactly like I wanted:hehe: We'll give it a shot!!

Chris

Man, can I relate to that.
Just about the time I get the bugs out of mine, I go to a bigger motor and start all over.:bang The line for stupid starts with me.

I'm right behind you...I've lost count of how many setups I've ran...let's say about 20 different singles, and 6 sets of twins...and counting:D

Most of the singles I've ran until it blew up, the twins always hold up better:p

Chris

With my limited experience and many hours spent on reading and trying to learn something, You guys with your real world experience is greatly helpful.

As ridiculous as the idea is I am trying to get it "right" the first time.:hehe:

Sometimes being a geek and wanting to understand how something works before you use it is very tough.:doh:

With my limited experience and many hours spent on reading and trying to learn something, You guys with your real world experience is greatly helpful.

As ridiculous as the idea is I am trying to get it "right" the first time.:hehe:

Sometimes being a geek and wanting to understand how something works before you use it is very tough.:doh:

Chris and i have talked about this. We are going to make sure we do everything in our power to keep you from getting it right the first time.(it just isn't natural).:hehe:

Chris and i have talked about this. We are going to make sure we do everything in our power to keep you from getting it right the first time.(it just isn't natural).:hehe:

Exactly...no one should get it right the first time, it just wouldn't be fair to those of us that have had to re-engineer things a million times!

Chris

Be real honest with yourself about your goals for the truck. Every combination has it's good points and it's bad points. Once i saw the advantage to a bit more flow to keep things cool on top I became less critical of spoolup. Chasing it can cause problems. The best spooling set i ever had was the worst set i ever had.