s480 single in drag truck??

What size turbine wheel Blacksdiesel? I know we ran an 80 with the 83/74 turbine wheel and it SUCKED ! But after a few talks with Chris at ED appearently the only wheel that really works with the 80mm is the big turbine wheel with a semi-tight housing, 1.0-1.10. Once locked itd fall hard on its face.

IMO, Id either get a stand alone or Ppump it. :evil Or even better throw a 6.7 in there and Ppump it. :ft:

it will have a smarty + another box---- the truck has plenty of fuel right now.... and if i wanted a p-pump truck i would have bought one

a stroker motor / 6.7 bottom end has been discussed:pop:

i just want it to last till the end of the season and then we can play with it.:snoop:

What size turbine wheel Blacksdiesel? I know we ran an 80 with the 83/74 turbine wheel and it SUCKED ! But after a few talks with Chris at ED appearently the only wheel that really works with the 80mm is the big turbine wheel with a semi-tight housing, 1.0-1.10. Once locked itd fall hard on its face.

The 480s I tried all had 87mm turbines. Never tried the 83 wheel on a 480. I was told it didnt work very well, so we never tried it.

Sounds like the same thing as mine did. It spooled unexpectedly quick, but as soon as lock came, it was over.

The 480s I tried all had 87mm turbines. Never tried the 83 wheel on a 480. I was told it didnt work very well, so we never tried it.

Sounds like the same thing as mine did. It spooled unexpectedly quick, but as soon as lock came, it was over.

Any time the compressor exceeds the exducer this is a good possibility.

i never got to run mine long enough to see how it really did. drove it on the street once about 15 miles to a pull and locked it in 3rd. It was crazy but i never got enough road to hit overdrive and see how it did. this was with the 83/74 turbine wheel in a .90 housing and a 2300 rpm stall convertor

I'd try it. But, you know how the gas crowd builds "nitrous motors"? Well, you're basically building a "nitrous turbo setup." I'd say it will need some spray both to light and to stay lit.

It worked good for me until I went into overdrive and it would just fall off.
Tom

In some cases there is not enough load on the motor to keep the exhaust velocity up when you hit od with a non lockup trans unless you have rpm and the correct engine combination. Thats what i have found.

In some cases there is not enough load on the motor to keep the exhaust velocity up when you hit od with a non lockup trans unless you have rpm and the correct engine combination. Thats what i have found.

Will too much load not cause the same issue? Lockup in od is a makes for a tall gear, and in my mind makes for a good amount of load. If this is backwards thinking let me know

the rpm drop with a loose converter when it locks is enough to drop boost

Oops. I ment a lock up and not a non lockup. My bad.......:bang
Yes too much load and you will fall under the charger. Cant think and type at same time. God help me!!!

Oops. I ment a lock up and not a non lockup. My bad.......:bang
Yes too much load and you will fall under the charger. Cant think and type at same time. God help me!!!

So what stall do you run brad? And will the 480 stay lit and pull in od on your truck?

Do you run a loose but not too loose converter and just spray a tad on the line to get things rolling, so as not to hurt converter efficiency and 60's too much?

Back