Scheids diesel extravaganza

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
Any one going to Terra Haute for this? I went last year it was a good time at the hotels afterword. It was like the warehouse at Indy but at every hotel around.

i know its prolly late and were prolly screwed, but where are the good hotels to stay in terre haute?

The Drury Inn is nice, but not sure if they have rooms. Also try the EconoLodge. Stayed there once and it was pretty nice. Also Pear Tree Inn, and Days Inn.

Probably be there, maybe. Drury Inn is full. Pear Tree Inn still had rooms and is next door to Lonestar. Mmmmm... steak.

I will be there......Cant wait to see what the new combo will do. My new injectors and Fass Fuel system that I ordered this week:evil :evil should help some hefty 6.0l numbers.

I'll be there, staying at the Holiday in. This makes three or four years now.

Andy

This is in the wrong FORUM as it is NOT...NOT.... A dhra event this year Dan schied is doing it all him self so he can make more money..

I won't be there not much reason to be there.........

IKE

The race on Sunday is listed on the DHRA Drag Schedule.
-----------------------
08/26: Action City Eighths

Action City Dragway

Event
DHRA 1/8th Mile Nationals

Series
DieselPower! Diesel Additives Drag Racing Series, East
ET/QD/PS
FlowMaster Class LogoValvoline Premium Blue Class LogoAirWerks Class Logo

Sponsored in part by
Superchips Logo

Terre Haute, IN
------------------

IKNOWEVERYTHING said:
This is in the wrong FORUM as it is NOT...NOT.... A dhra event this year Dan schied is doing it all him self so he can make more money..

I won't be there not much reason to be there.........

IKE

Im sure the pull will be just fine even if its not a DHRA pull. They will probably draw more trucks in this way. Instead of the Work Stock class that DHRA has, theyre offering a 2.5 class, which has become very popular.

I agree with Josh, I think there will be more trucks up there in the 2.5 class.

andy

Dazed&Confused said:
I agree with Josh, I think there will be more trucks up there in the 2.5 class.

andy

Depending on how the rules are written, this can exclude Duramaxes which have larger than 2.5 chargers from the factory, but I believe they still let bone stock Dmaxes in.

This is also known as the Dodge Rule to make sure Dodges have an advantage in any class they chose to compete in. The Dmax might have a bigger inducer, but the aftermarket 2.5's flow much more. A custom $3000 charger mated with big injectors, custom pump, and engine internals is the way to win.

Basically a 2.5 class is a class for $$$ trucks that are not competitive in the upper classes, and it entirely pointless as it is aimed at defeating the sole purpose of an entry level class: Cost control.

Last edited:
PS - In case anyone thinks I'm guessing at this, I made 670rwhp with a 2.5" legal charger on fuel and ran 11 second ET's with it. An aftermarket 2.5" is not a serious restriction on airflow.

This not just a Dodge thing. There are a couple of Dmaxes with $$$ set for this as well, and you could certainly do a Ford.
Leave the chargers bone stock and $$$ gets cut way down and makes it more skill and setup than raw HP.

Last edited:
McRat said:
Depending on how the rules are written, this can exclude Duramaxes which have larger than 2.5 chargers from the factory, but I believe they still let bone stock Dmaxes in.

This is also known as the Dodge Rule to make sure Dodges have an advantage in any class they chose to compete in. The Dmax might have a bigger inducer, but the aftermarket 2.5's flow much more. A custom $3000 charger mated with big injectors, custom pump, and engine internals is the way to win.

Basically a 2.5 class is a class for $$$ trucks that are not competitive in the upper classes, and it entirely pointless as it is aimed at defeating the sole purpose of an entry level class: Cost control.
It's not known as the Dodge rule here in the Ohio. I've attended ~8 pulls with a 2.5 class this year. The setup plays a much bigger part than turbo selection on the clay pulling tracks. Kevin's stock 'charger DMax placed in the top 5 in each of the pulls he attended this year with a few wins, including one last night. The 2.5" class is a level playing field here with typically a different truck winning by a few inches each time. It's a fun class to watch since they try so hard to compete every week and no one knows who will win before the pull starts. On dyno days, the same trucks are around 450-550hp.

I guess the top of the rule sheets around here say it best: "NO WHINING". :hehe:

joefarmer said:
It's not known as the Dodge rule here in the Ohio. I've attended ~8 pulls with a 2.5 class this year. The setup plays a much bigger part than turbo selection on the clay pulling tracks. Kevin's stock 'charger DMax placed in the top 5 in each of the pulls he attended this year with a few wins, including one last night. The 2.5" class is a level playing field here with typically a different truck winning by a few inches each time. It's a fun class to watch since they try so hard to compete every week and no one knows who will win before the pull starts. On dyno days, the same trucks are around 450-550hp.

I guess the top of the rule sheets around here say it best: "NO WHINING". :hehe:

Bah. Why do you think it's now a 2.5" (WITH RESTRICTOR!) class? Dodge whining. ;)

And the rule bans the new Fords. Another plus, eh? ;)

Stock Charger is cheaper and more to the intent of the class. It was changed for only one reason. Guess what that reason is?

I really dont care what anyone says about the 2.5 class. Just seems how all the D-Max boys around here were bragging so bad until they equalled the inducer size. Then all of a sudden they were whining how they were not being treated equal. The class was setup so everyone had equal sized inducers. I have not seen a pull yet were they turned down a stock chargered D-Max if it had bigger then 2.5 inducer. Like Joefarmer has said, put them on the clay tracks around here in Ky, Oh, and In and that is as fair as you can get.

I'll b there for the 2.5 class if its still together

At stanford they used a 2.5 rule and there was no rejection on any Dmax with a stock charger , they used a 2.55 plug

So McRat how big does the stock charger go these days ? I'll b sure to tell them so they wont cry

Dazed&Confused said:
I really dont care what anyone says about the 2.5 class. Just seems how all the D-Max boys around here were bragging so bad until they equalled the inducer size. Then all of a sudden they were whining how they were not being treated equal. The class was setup so everyone had equal sized inducers. I have not seen a pull yet were they turned down a stock chargered D-Max if it had bigger then 2.5 inducer. Like Joefarmer has said, put them on the clay tracks around here in Ky, Oh, and In and that is as fair as you can get.

The Dmaxes should brag. They will rape a Cummins with just tuning. It ain't even close.:shake:

Perhaps next year they should amend the rules again:

"Work Stock - If you have less than 8 cylinders you are entitled to make your own rules personally. Should you still not be competitive, you can use multiple trucks to pull the sled. If that doesn't work? You can disqualify all other brands."

Concrete - It ain't just for patios anymore!

:rules:

*bdh*