Scheids diesel extravaganza

Rods said:
I'll b there for the 2.5 class if its still together

At stanford they used a 2.5 rule and there was no rejection on any Dmax with a stock charger , they used a 2.55 plug

So McRat how big does the stock charger go these days ? I'll b sure to tell them so they wont cry

IIRC, the LLY Dmax is 2.536" so it's 2.55 plug legal, but not "book" legal. And yes, I've never heard of any Dmax banned from 2.5 class. Yet.

So you are going to run a S400 in 2.5 class? T6 or T4? The one on my bench is a 3.0" inducer, ie - bigger than GT42.

I'll admit I do drive a GT42 truck to work, have done towing with it, etc, but never in my wildest dreams would I consider it a Work Stock truck.

teddybear said:
The Drury Inn is nice, but not sure if they have rooms. Also try the EconoLodge. Stayed there once and it was pretty nice. Also Pear Tree Inn, and Days Inn.

Teddybear is telling us where he takes his hoes on saturday night I see...:hehe:

McRat said:
IIRC, the LLY Dmax is 2.536" so it's 2.55 plug legal, but not "book" legal. And yes, I've never heard of any Dmax banned from 2.5 class. Yet.

So you are going to run a S400 in 2.5 class? T6 or T4? The one on my bench is a 3.0" inducer, ie - bigger than GT42.

I drive mine all the time and yes it came factory with a 2.5 inducer , I just a put a 80 a/r instead of the 1.40 it had on it , There are tons of S400s with different wheels . Just look on EBAY thats were I got mine LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be there. Pear Tree Inn.
Brandon, that Steakhouse next door won me over.

Hmmmm.....steakhouse? I love a fine steak. But it sure is hard to pass up that golden corral banana pudding.

McRat said:
The Dmaxes should brag. They will rape a Cummins with just tuning. It ain't even close.:shake:

Perhaps next year they should amend the rules again:

"Work Stock - If you have less than 8 cylinders you are entitled to make your own rules personally. Should you still not be competitive, you can use multiple trucks to pull the sled. If that doesn't work? You can disqualify all other brands."

Concrete - It ain't just for patios anymore!

:rules:

*bdh*

Well that seems pretty far fetched coming from the last pull i was at. there were 3 duracoughs there. one had a bully dog tuner and exhasut, another had 500HP sticks, a tune, and dyno proven 403HP and only pulled under 222FT. when my lil 191HP Cummins with an old ass VE pump out pulled the mighty DURACOUGH by over 50 ft. then again i guess the chittylays have superior to my old ass Chevy huh??? and u cant say its cuz they are lighter than me...cuz all 3 of them terds rolled across the scale OVER 7500LBS when i scale in at 7400LBS. oh wait IFS is a POS and the duracoughs dont stand achance hooked to a sled. only thing they are good for is runnin down the strip cuz thats all u girls do is run away. So tell me again mr DURACOUGH king how superior these trucks are over the Cummins???? but then again my motor is stock compared to a STOCK Dmax. but keep ur bashing on a proven winner from coast to coast. only one DMax out there that can win a pullin event and that s like wat once a yr when DP host an event and doesnt invite any other shop built trucks????

Wow this thread got turned around a little. I am staying at the ramada again. I agree the cops aren't as nice as plainfields, so all the hotels jsut have to keep them occupied so each hotel can have some activities.

I am coming too. Staying at the Ramada.
Hopefully the shortbox will be ready for its maiden voyage.

BowtiedCTD said:
Well that seems pretty far fetched coming from the last pull i was at. there were 3 duracoughs there. one had a bully dog tuner and exhasut, another had 500HP sticks, a tune, and dyno proven 403HP and only pulled under 222FT. when my lil 191HP Cummins with an old ass VE pump out pulled the mighty DURACOUGH by over 50 ft. then again i guess the chittylays have superior to my old ass Chevy huh??? and u cant say its cuz they are lighter than me...cuz all 3 of them terds rolled across the scale OVER 7500LBS when i scale in at 7400LBS. oh wait IFS is a POS and the duracoughs dont stand achance hooked to a sled. only thing they are good for is runnin down the strip cuz thats all u girls do is run away. So tell me again mr DURACOUGH king how superior these trucks are over the Cummins???? but then again my motor is stock compared to a STOCK Dmax. but keep ur bashing on a proven winner from coast to coast. only one DMax out there that can win a pullin event and that s like wat once a yr when DP host an event and doesnt invite any other shop built trucks????

I suggest you go to Scheids and pull in the 2.5" class. The old dirt track is mean and the Lowery sled is not nice. You need lots of HP and a good setup. Luck will not get it done there. You will be pulling against real 500RWHP+ Dmaxs. Dont get your hopes your feelings will get hurt.:kick:

I actually like the 2.5" class. A stock turbo Dmax can hang in it just fine and you get more Dodges in the mix which does make a better show IMHO. I pulled in enough 2.8" and open classes last year to know that just because someone has a bigger turbo or more turbos it does not mean it will pull well.

Are you running the drag strip on Sunday, Johnboy?

BTW, the smiley to express your knowledge over your fellow diesel head in the previous post would be this one: :eek:wned:
I guess :kick: will work too. :hehe:

Last edited:
Brandon

My heap is still a heap of peices.:bang My 07 is slow!:eek:wned: But I plan on going!:rockwoot:

BTW I need to eyeball your fuel setup.

LOL I know how that goes... I've been in pieces for the last 6 weeks and finally drove it again tonight. The 18" fuel puddle after I got back means it's back in teh shop again. It's gonna be close to see if I can afford to make Scheids.

Hope it is an easy fix.

I am really hoping to get it done for Scheids. Work has been nuts. It's funny when you time you have no money, When money you no time.:bang

I told my boss this crap has to end I got truck pulling to do!:hehe:

joefarmer said:
Turns out you shouldn't reuse banjo washers... :doh:

Cool. That is an easy fix!

A big box from EEP just came today. So it game on in the garage again.:rockwoot:

I will be there with Robts. Gonna be a good event. Plan to hop on the strip and the dyno. Ryan

Just picked up my truck from the trans guy...Suncoast all put in..

Now if I can get blk350on20s over here we might have my truck all together by then....Then Ill hop on the dyno.....

CAnt wait for this event

Better have the beer hat on for this one

Some of my freinds got rooms at the Ramada last week so there should still be rooms there.