schied lighting Fuel or run additive

jordanjames81

Like title says who's running scheid lighting fuel or other fuel in the 2.6 class looking at trying this in my CR 2.6 but trying to get some idea's from others out there. I know you can buy some fuel additive to in help. We have been running just pump fuel.

Lets here your thoughts and why

It makes a huge difference, and is worth it. Had a truck that would hardly run unless it had the Scheid fuel.

got a feeling it just gonna add to the cost on the weekend to pull if truck really likes it.

Helps a lot on engines with lower compression. A buddy of mine used to use a ton of ether starting his til he started using it.

Is it like the clear stuff that Shell sells?

It's just and additive. Supposed to be mixed 1qt to 7 gallons of diesel, and stanadyne lubricity formula at double strength.

Are you just getting the additive or the premixed fuel? I have no experience with the additive just the fuel.

Anybody know what's in it? Chemical reverse engineers out there?

There's this incredibly gorgeous young woman chemical engineer where I'm working, I need to come up with relevant chemistry questions to ask her... Anything increasing cetane value makes engines run better in general, on low compression especially. Something with low autoignition point, lubricity, viscosity and soluble in fuel oil is the ticket...

Ran the scheid fuel saterday nite, only thing I changed was it. Truck ran alot cleaner. In seam to run alot smother. Had a few locals say soot didnt smell like regular diesel soot does. Not sure what all is in it but I will be running it now. I.will try to give more info on it as I run it some more.

Jordan,

Did you lower the compression ratio of your engine? Reason why I ask is all the guys before said it made a big difference in low compression engines.

I might consider this stuff when I pull myself...

I heard that fuel was just a big mix of standyne and diesel.. nothing more???

I ran a bottle of the Stanadyne stuff and I think it worked well, but Im sure there is more to it than that.

There more to it then that talked to Dan tuesday about it on the phone when he called me. If you want the deatails need to call him on it.
Truck ran better with the lighting fuel for sure.

so the 5 gallon can u buy from them, u just mix some of that with the fuel?