schied lighting Fuel or run additive

Got.it in and its red in color does smell like pump diesel

Is it red-dyed offroad low-sulfur diesel from a secret tanker stashed away in 2007?

I ran about 2.5 gallons of the Shell racing fuel through my Junker Drag Truck when I was up in Salt Lake at the Weekend on the Edge NADM event.

Everyone was impressed when it went from 12.9@108 to 12.6@113MPH. Then I told them the truck was nearly dry on the previous two passes and it was sucking air after about 330' into the run. With the added Shell Racing Diesel, plus a few gallons of regular #2, it was running well until the factory feed line split open at the injection pump fitting and spilled fuel everywhere. It was my best MPH for 1/8th mile but then nosed over really hard when the lift pump feed pressure dropped to less than 10 psi.

In short, it was a bad test. The best way to test out racing fuel would be with a fuel cell and dead-consistent drag racing truck. If the trap speed increases, it adds power.

Last edited:
yes it already mixed, Scheid has two blends one for itpa in a hot blend the one i run is the hot blend.

Common carrier over the road fuel is 40 cetane. the company i work for makes a premium performance blend made for Commonrail injection systems and any other machanical injection engine. the cetane rating from the pump of the premium diesel X-4 is 50+. it makes a ton more power in my street truck. runs better, idles smoother, and smokes less. add a little bottle of cetane booster and you'll be set. try to find a local company like ceres solutions or co-op in the midwest that sells CountryMark diesel fuel. it's not cheap but if you wantn the extra ponies you gotta pay like everyone else.