SCT pro race software

xcablb7

Does anyone have any experience with it ? i've been playing with it since friday and got the truck to make decent power but the system is way different than any other i've used. any tips ? is there a tutorial out there somewhere ? my efi live has a handbook the size of the bible.

Does anyone have any experience with it ? i've been playing with it since friday and got the truck to make decent power but the system is way different than any other i've used. any tips ? is there a tutorial out there somewhere ? my efi live has a handbook the size of the bible.

As far as I know there is not a tutorial out for the diesel yet. I played with the software when I first got it, but It might as well be written in Chinese.:doh:

yeah the no description available on almost every table is a real pain.

no..that's why there are "TUNERS" ...

why would SCT send you directions to DIY when people spend their life developing files and learning the software in and out..

I know the sct software we use has basic files for all ecm codes and we go off from their.I would imagine yours is the same.

Mine came with 4 tunes and you can figure the differences in them and go from there. Now I have a 12v and don't need it... :woohoo: Het Scott, how's the new shop?

I will, I am racing in Vermont Friday and then again next Sunday night, I will soon though.

it did not come with any base tunes just the stock file, so i've built up from there. and i may not be an expert tuner yet, but i am a tuner and do quite well with drag cars and duramaxes, the guys like eric @ innovative weren't born knowing how to use the software, they had to start somewhere and that's where i'm at. i spend 20 hrs. a week using efi live, and now i'm learning sct's software. why should i just leave it up to someone else, all i'm looking for is a better description of what each table does so i can create my own files, not how much do i put here and where to make power i'll figure that part out.

At the bottom of each table at the bottom of each screen it used to have a breif description of what each table does and mine was ver 2.9

version 3.1 says description not available on all but maybe 5 tables. 3 of the 5 are things like icp proportional gain that say don't touch unless you modified the pump.

How many different trucks can you tune with the pro race package? Just one? or can you buy seperate licences for multiple trucks? Thanks in advance!!

You need a licence per catch-code (ficm cal code) and you can do as many trucks with that code as you want, and each programmer is vin locked to each truck like a Bully-Dog or any other flash programmer that stores your stock calibration.

SCT has always been that way. EFILive made it easy. Best advise, change something and see what happens. Do it in small steps as to not hurt anything.

I changed a table too much and ended up rebuilding my motor. Oops!

Get used to it. I have been using SCT since 5/05 and I still don't understand every table, problem is, neither do they.

that's the way i've been doing it, getting better, and did happen to make couple mistakes thar didn't run too well but no catastrophic damage. thanks guys