SFI Belhousing????

RyanB

Just wondering if anyone has any info on SFI belhousings for the 5.9's??? Possibly starting another project and this would be a requirement to get into with class I am looking at running with up here in Canada. I really don't see the need for a 3 or 4 disk clutch up here and already have a new HMR Comp Puller sitting here...just need to find a can big enough. Also, I am able to run a reverser/drop box now. Box and reverser are comparable $$$ wise to stock stuff but from what I am hearing most clutch/belhousing units are quite expensive.

Thanks in advance...RyanB

I'm pretty sure Farmer has one, and it's a quaility piece. Think there is a picture of it on here if you do a search.

I have not found a can big enough for the HMR clutch. You will drop 5K for a good clutch/can setup. Does the rule say its got to be SFI bellhousing i have stock bellhousing with a SFI blanket on if you dont want to spend the money.

I have not found a can big enough for the HMR clutch. You will drop 5K for a good clutch/can setup. Does the rule say its got to be SFI bellhousing i have stock bellhousing with a SFI blanket on if you dont want to spend the money.

Yeah, they want an SFI can. They do NOT want a blanket. I guess back about 10 years ago the orgainization suffered from a clutch explosion hurting 2 people...blanket was installed correctly and still managed to get out.

What kind of clutch/can can I expect to buy for that 5K...how many disk? I really don't see the need for anything more than a tripple disk.

Ryan

Triple disk Hayes pedal clutch and Lakewood bellhousing

source??? is this with running in conjunction with mid plate (takes the place of the stock engine/belhousing adapter) If so, what happens to the starter motor...does it move to the other side and if so..what kind?

Ryan

I got my quote from Kent at Scheid but it was the same price if you get the stuff yourself just easier to make 1 call then 5. Not sure about the starter i believe it is still on the same side but you do have to run a motor plate because you do away with the tranny support when you go with the reveser and drop box if you go to Haisley's web site Van has a pic of 1 of their setup on a mockup engine.

This is the one I got from Haisley it is a 4 disk can the clutch shaft and bearing are from Profab almost $4000.00 in sitting there.for our 2wd Supermod

Ford_Dash_007.jpg

Dale

Um... how are you hooking a reverser to that with no bolt holes in it

I think he is going to run a twin countershaft tranny/ with no drop box (2 wheel drive), so technically the whole mess gets mounted back where the drop box would be on a 4wd.

-Tom

WOW! Yea they have them $1880 - $2400 there are no specs on it but they show up on the price list, almost double there standard steel bellhousings.

I talked with Ted Sterner about this and found out that they still do not build a bellhousing that will take a full sized weighted pulling clutch.

-Tom

anyone know of someone that could put a steel can together for a fullsize clutch and what would it cost......there is absolutely no reason a steel bell housing should cost 2K.......

The problem doesnt lie in getting some body to build a steel bellhousing h**l i could build 1 the problem is getting it SFI certified that is were your problems begin because you will need to make a few of them because they have to be tested extensively for saftey could take months and who knows how many housings they would require you to make.

Ford_Dash_006.jpg

Shaft goes between the belhousing and the trany it is a 3sp with reverse.

Dale