Shocks

mikehalseyjr

Ride the Elephant
What kind of shocks is everyone running? And how do you like them? My ride quality has gone up the creek here lately and I believe the shocks are the root of the problem.

Best Shocks

Had bilsteins on for about 60K, so its about time to change. WHat offers the best ride, without being stupid expensive?

UNBROKEN said:
I like KYB....wow...I just had deja vu. LOL

x2 on the deja vu LOL

what are you looking for? Stock replacement, upgrade to reservoirs? Lifted vehicle? etc

220V is way better than 110V

I have been very satisfied by how my DR shocks perform.

Have Monroe Reflex shocks on the X. Great ride and only $45 or so a piece. Not Stupid expensive and not just for looks like the Rancho wanabes on my FX4!

I run Bilsteins, and they made a definite improvement. The finish on them is better than a painted shock, but still looks crappy after 8 months, still work good though.

Dalpilot said:
Had bilsteins on for about 60K, so its about time to change. WHat offers the best ride, without being stupid expensive?

Whats wrong with the Bilsteins?....they have a lifetime warranty...get um new again. They are what I run and so far 30,000 so good.

i have pro comps. i think they are 3000's, not sure. i cannot even remember what i paid for them. i like them. my $.02

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
x2 on the deja vu LOL

what are you looking for? Stock replacement, upgrade to reservoirs? Lifted vehicle? etc

Just looking for improved ride quality, I have a 2" pro-comp lift on the truck.

What is with teh Deja Vu?? did someone jsut post on this?

Yeah, ME! LOL Here, I will merge them together, and we can have one discussion. LOL

Pro Comps look like they are made by edelbrock....

For a stock height to 2" lift on a 99-04 I'd go with the monroe reflex (partsguy sells these).
The thing I don't like about the bilsteins is they are yellow with blue boots, Monroes are silver LOL

I've been told stock height shocks for a 05-07 are available in the zinc finish from Bilstein and are supposedly clear coated so they don't look like azz if you drive in road salt......I am looking into this :D Jesse at Farmboy Fab sells Bilstein and many other brands.

I run Fox shox with "k" valving.....Best fkn shock around in my opinion