Shocks

Dalpilot said:
Yeah, ME! LOL Here, I will merge them together, and we can have one discussion. LOL

Oops!!! I have MX-6 on my fathers truck and he likes them and I have heard good things about Rancho RSX-9000 or whatever they are.

For stock height, or small lifts Im going to have to go Bilstein. I have them on my truck, and hate the finish on them; they are beyond corroded. BUT the new ones are supposed to be clearcoated now, just like DR was/is.

I would recommend DR hands down over anything, but ive been waiting 2+ months for some now.

Stay away from ProComp....ive always had one out of a set end up leaking. And they offer too many damn types, make one good shock and sell it.

For ressies, Fox, King, DR are my top three. Shock diameter also plays a big factor.

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
I have them on my truck, and hate the finish on them; they are beyond corroded. BUT the new ones are supposed to be clearcoated now, just like DR was/is.

My DR Sigs are corroded in quite a few spots. The shock body is spotted like the clear is lifting off.
The shocks have been on my truck for less than two years and they have less than 15,000 miles on them

92k on my stock FX4 Rancho's. Think I should replace them? 2" lift on front and still the stock shock.

brokeassford said:
92k on my stock FX4 Rancho's. Think I should replace them? 2" lift on front and still the stock shock.

I would...never really cared for stock shocks.

On a 06 with a leveling kit I would run the Donahoe Racing shocks.

You'd have to ask someone who sells Monroes to see if they are listed for a 2" lift in the front.