Should I be seeing these EGT's? and Why?

JamieWood

Blowin' Smoke
I have a Sled Puller 66/65 and everything in my sig. Just daily driving the temps stay reasonable. But, when I get in to the throttle at all, I can easily hit 1600* within a blink of an eye. I'm curious what it may be. I have just stock 235 inj. pretty much stock pump with the exception of a 0 plate, rack plug, .022 DV, and modded afc. Anyone else seeing these high egt's with there sled puller?

shouldn't you be seeing more? maybe you don't have enough fuel to spool up the charger?

Turbo is way too big. You would be much happier with a 64/71/14. I'm no 12v guy, but I would think a 62/71/14 may be ideal.

In my opinion and experience when I limit the fuel to the point of not being able to see full boost out of the charger, in my case 48-50psi limited down to 23-25psi, my egts don't get above 1200 to 1300. Once again that is just my experience.

Forgot to add that egts during 48-50psi get to 1600 quick and well over that at the end of say a 1/4 mile run, like 1900 or so (guage only goes to 1600).

Last edited:
A stock injectors and 022 delivery valves wouldn't seem to be a very good combinatino to me.

you have to have a boost leak. I would check that first. If not then you need more fuel.

Lance

Well the reason the SP is on there I had a 35/40 hybrid on, then it broke a shaft. So, this was the only thing I had layin around to put on. I am hopefully waiting on a set of good sticks. But it seems to me that if I were to add more fuel the egt's would rise also. Would that be the case or not?

Well the reason the SP is on there I had a 35/40 hybrid on, then it broke a shaft. So, this was the only thing I had layin around to put on. I am hopefully waiting on a set of good sticks. But it seems to me that if I were to add more fuel the egt's would rise also. Would that be the case or not?

Bingo!

Have you checked for boost leaks?

disclaimer: there's a point when too much fuel will decrease egt's but generally speaking you'll be at the point of loosing power at that point as you're partially putting out the fire from my understanding

Bingo!

Have you checked for boost leaks?

disclaimer: there's a point when too much fuel will decrease egt's but generally speaking you'll be at the point of loosing power at that point as you're partially putting out the fire from my understanding

No not recently, I plan on it this week.

You don't have enough fuel to light the 66. I wouldn't even run a 64 with your fueling. 62/12 max.

What's the boost pressure just before and during the hot temperatures?

When it comes to about 20lbs is when it really starts to climb. It can actually rap just as fast if not faster than my tach.

It has a 65mm turbine wheel? Jamie, you need more fuel, but I would chase it down to be sure you don't have any boost leaks also.

Agreed.

Yes it is a 65 turbine.

Ive got the boost leak check on the list of stuff to do this week. (clutch):doh: