Should I be seeing these EGT's? and Why?

a sledpuller 66 is supposed to be out the box set at around 40+ psi so making only 35 means you may have a big leak. On a truck that doesnt have a boost leak added fuel can do a combination of a few things. It can add power (as if you didnt have enough fuel already), spool the turbo quicker, make the truck laggy (too much fuel dumping in at the wrong time). or add heat (too much fuel already and it just got worse). IMO though once u get that leak fixed u'll find a ton of lagg because you dont have the fuel because stock injectors and a 66 dont really go together.

ROFL @ Smokem good catch. i was thinking and typing at the same time. What i ment to say is youll probably still find a ton of lagg

ive only seen my gauge hit 1400 but i think its broke but im pulling 55 pounds of boost out 66 with my setup

My 125 jammers peg the pyro @1600 fast, thats with a 64/65/14.

This turbo honestly does not cool any better than the stocker. It still pegs by about 60mph, thats at 42psi.

My exhaust temps dropped about 100F when I went from stock to hybrid...cooled better. Don't know how the present set-up's gonna act when I connect the pump wire with these different injectors but have previous test hill data to compare with.

My 125 jammers peg the pyro @1600 fast, thats with a 64/65/14.

This turbo honestly does not cool any better than the stocker. It still pegs by about 60mph, thats at 42psi.

But arent Jammers the 24v equivalent to 370s? Hot and smokey that is...

I also agree. But shouldn't this 64 cool better that the stocker? I can still peg the pyro with 1000 series tunes on the ADR.

how much boost were you running w/ the stocker? I know everyone always says "42psi is a TON more air w/ a 64mm than 42psi from a 58mm" but... it's not...

That turbo is HUGE for those sticks... Hell, just running my stockers(temporary issue) on my 62mm, my temps are WAY UP, and it takes a bit of RPM to get any boost...

FUEL THAT turbo man...

Now, on that 64mm... I dont know what the map looks like on it, but....

Just because is still runs hot, doesnt mean it isnt cooling better... if that makes sense.

The stocker flows 574 CFM, my 62mm flows 900ish, so, I would imagine that your 64mm flows probably almost(if not more) 2 times as much air as a stocker...

Chase

how much boost were you running w/ the stocker? I know everyone always says "42psi is a TON more air w/ a 64mm than 42psi from a 58mm" but... it's not...

Its not more pressure, but its more CFM, which is what matters. I was only making 25 psi out of the stocker anyway (long story).

Forrest from my own experience theres a big diffrence about 200 to 300 degrees worth alone in egts on stock gov. springs. Stock turbo (@ 40 psi) would peg 1500 degrees+ (gauge wouldnt go any higher) @ around 80 mph ( i barely look at the tach so bear with me) With the same set up only a turbo swap to the 64 (same amount of boost too) it would get to 1300 degrees @ 95. Now with the gsk my 64 (bumped up to 44 psi ) and the 5 plate im trying it wont get near 1500 degrees unless im doing like 120mph. Im thinking that the cooler temps in egt also translate to cooler intake air temps as well so that explains why the truck pulls alot harder then it ever has with the stock turbo. (raced the same psd b4 and after cause im not going to drive for hours just to find a dyno.)

don't get me wrong, a larger compressor is going to be more efficient... it's going to move more oxygen at a given pressure ratio due to better compressor efficiency.

but, I see people implying that a larger turbo is somehow going to defy the laws of physics and blow arctic air into the intake :p

another thing you need to consider is the exhaust side... I'm willing to bet if you would have hung an 18cm or 21cm housing on that stock turbo and gotten the same boost number, you would have dropped some temp as well... same compressor, same boost...

i just put on a non gated 66/74/14 and with my pump and stock sticks i can still peg my pyro.....

oh and i can pusharound 55 psi

I get extra heat if there's lots of fuel before the boost comes up...extra smoke too.