side intake

Finally some pics...

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

dude, i want one.

Seeing all these nice intakes, makes me want one real bad. Anyone have any issues, with any of these, with a twin CP3 kit (cracking, etc...)?

Does anyone have any dyno numbers with a stock head vs. one that is cut off with a side draft intake or a runner intake. Is it worth it. Thats a lot of money, and a lot of work. I just want to see if its worth it or not!

Does anyone have any dyno numbers with a stock head vs. one that is cut off with a side draft intake or a runner intake. Is it worth it. Thats a lot of money, and a lot of work. I just want to see if its worth it or not!

how many mod truck run a stock horn?:poke:

any pics of the intake piping with it in the truck? is it just a 45* and a 90* or can you run a 45* out of the intercooler and a 75* into the intake?

my guess is it wouldnt help a whole lot at peak boost. but itll help at lower rpms or spooling because it flows to all the cylinders better. also, ive been told that these will drop boost pressure, meaning theres less restriction.

Side draft isn't for hp 'per say'. It let's you port the cylinder head on the intake side which will give you better flow/ less restriction = more useable power.

i agree with JSF350. if you are going to go through all the time and money to take the plenum off, you need to do a good port and polish to see all the benefits from the side intake. then if you do a good P&P you are going to need a better cam to get the full benefits from the porting. :bang

how many mod truck run a stock horn?:poke:

BBD was I think until last year or maybe two years ago I remember seeing befor and after pictures with the new head he put on not too long ago :poke:Ha

I made my own I think everybody is right most of the gain would be from a good p&p job after I have seen what the head looks like with one off. That's why you have seen people go back with the bolt on factory style intake after cutting the other one off

Motor

Sorry chase had to pick on you a little bit ha. I know that was a old set up and scott is running a runner style but that said that set up made 1800 hp

well he did go to one after a while but if u was at TS a couple years ago u would remember trucks out west dont run as good as ones on the east side :poke:LOL

well he did go to one after a while but if u was at TS a couple years ago u would remember trucks out west dont run as good as ones on the east side :poke:LOL

:eek: Wow way to :kick: a man not even in here to defend himself Chase! :poke: :hehe:

Just for S&G's....Scott's run a TS a couple years ago was on a brand new turbo setup with no prior hooks. Gotta try out new stuff somewhere huh?

:eek: Wow way to :kick: a man not even in here to defend himself Chase! :poke: :hehe:

Just for S&G's....Scott's run a TS a couple years ago was on a brand new turbo setup with no prior hooks. Gotta try out new stuff somewhere huh?

yea i know i was just pickin at jonesrunner lol:hehe:

I'd post a pic of my Enterprise billet aluminum intake, but it's burried, and wouldn't should much. I will say I like the one piece honed out design.