Sin City baby!

EMcBride

Hoosier Stormtrooper
How about it dieselheads? We have a tentative date of May 5-6 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Mark your calendars now, we are taking the biggest diesel show on earth and going to SIN CITY. Drag racing, sled pullng, dyno, burnout, off road racing, vendors and the night life of Las Vegas on one BIG diesel weekend in 2007.
This show will be the DHRA season opener for many new things in 2007. More details to come.

What about the east coast?????????You make no one wanna race at 15 hrs to each event

Scott, when I tossed out that mini-national in July in New York, no support, other than you, came in. No calls, no emails, nothing. We aren't in a position to lose money right now, unfortunatly.

Last edited:
So theres support for a West Coast event but not an East Coast event even though 99% of the Pro Street racers, which are the headliners, are out here? That doesn't seem right.

What's interesting here is that not one official from the DHRA responded publically or privately to any of my threads on 2 different sites about forming a Northeastern Division:huh:: ............

And yet there are many interested racers up here that WANT a Division of our own......:ugh:

We'll see what the future brings, and it looks brite so far......:rockwoot:

And as of now, the greatest majority of the Pro Street trucks come from 3 states. The ones we see at the races anyway. Where are they all. The only others I have ever seen is Ted and Scott.

Cornfuuuuused.

..Preston..

Last edited:
It could just be your timing though also, I know that last year they did ask who wanted to race at what tracks and they brought alot of them on board, but theres not as much interest in the NE as you may think there is. I can't tell you how many times there were get togethers set up at MIR down in MD, which does or at least did run DHRA points, or up here at the Diesel race at Epping NH that few people showed for. Heck even the dyno event that Scott had recently only had around 25 trucks. It takes more than that to bother spending the time setting it up, just my opinion.

I know your not counting just one class of racers right? I know come Sept. when the Diesel Trucking Nats. come to Raceway Park, there will be quite a few diesel pickup racers of ALL CLASSES there racing.......

If you build it -they will come.

Your exactly right Preston, I would prefer to see an East Coast and West Coast division, and just have the season ending event centerally located where the two meet up and duke it out in the end. Its to hard, and expensive, for peopl to go to Las Vegas, I understand why Eric is trying to get these bigger events, but to me it would seem easier to start where the majority of people are (East Coast) and expand out from there. Its already been proven that there can be East Coast events, with relatively short set up times, staged and be pretty darn successful.

Another puzzling thing I found when talking to some of the track owners is a certain number of angry track owners being burned or attempted on being burned by an existing Diesel Assoc.....

Now why would someone want to try and ruin it for the ones that WANT a Division??

I'm not gonna mention names or tracks but this I heard from directly from different track owners up here.......:huh:: :dead-horse-fast2:

I am counting all classes to be honest with you. Now MIR treated us like dirt, a few years ago, so I can understand why nobody wants to give them a second chance, or else that would probably be a large event by now, they were well on there way at one time.

I have been to Epping two years in a row just to be rained out, I made 4 trips to Pittsburgh just to be rained out (even though it didn't rain) and people can't afford to do that these days. I know you can't always expect the weather to cooperate, but its not like there were a billion diesel trucks there beating the gates down either.

Have you been to the yearly diesel event up at Epping NH?

I haven't heard anything about that, so I'm not sure what you mean, but from what I saw down at MIR, there were alot of people who said they would race there if it was a DHRA track, and there were only three of us who routinely showed up, why should the track waste there time for that kind of turn out? Thats the point I am trying to make as far as the NE division is concerned.

You want a NE division, set up your own dates and times, don't align yourself with any diesel association. Set up your own dates and times, prove to the track that you not just a bunch of weekend warriors out to have a good time and tailgate once a year. You need to sell yourself, make the track want you, and make the diesel associations want to have you guys participate with them. Don't go the the tracks or associations and try to set somthing up first, then hope people will show, cause most likely they won't. I'm not trying to sound negative here, just trying to be honest about what I have seen since I have been diesel dragging.

You talking about the Truck Nationals at NE dragway? I haven't been in a few years, the spring one got axed due to rain every year. Epping is tough with some of their weather calls.

RacinDuallie said:
I know your not counting just one class of racers right? I know come Sept. when the Diesel Trucking Nats. come to Raceway Park, there will be quite a few diesel pickup racers of ALL CLASSES there racing.......

If you build it -they will come.

As far as the Las Vegas event, and why there isn't something similiar on the East Coast, yes I am talking specifically about pro street. 99% of the teams are out here, so there should be a large event out here somewhere. I am not even considering that the teams are majority owned by performance diesel shops who would more likely be able to actually get business from a local event as compared to an event on the other coast.

As far as the NE division goes, I am counting all the classes.

Noreaster said:
You talking about the Truck Nationals at NE dragway? I haven't been in a few years, the spring one got axed due to rain every year. Epping is tough with some of their weather calls.

Yep, thats the event, I couldn't remember the name ofthe race, but there was never a whole lot of interest in the race to begin with. The "usual's" could always be counted on, but never anything dramatic enough to make the track say "hmm..maybe this diesel stuff could bring us some money"

The weather calls are tough, Pittsburgh is the worst track I have ever seen when it comes to that.

Last edited:
The finals are in TX thats only 34 hrs each way after driving 22 each way the week before.Their is tracks in our area that we went to before like Maple grove what happen to that one??????????????????Cant say not a good track force runs a funny car their so a diesel should be ok their!!!!!

:doh: sorry guys, I guess I am getting carried away here...This subject has always been sensitive to me...

massdiesel said:
The finals are in TX thats only 34 hrs each way after driving 22 each way the week before.Their is tracks in our area that we went to before like Maple grove what happen to that one??????????????????Cant say not a good track force runs a funny car their so a diesel should be ok their!!!!!

Good Point Scott, I had heard rumors that there was going to be a larger combined racing / pulling event set up for there, but I don't know what ever happened to it.

But my point is why are the Finals even in Texas to begin with? They should be out here, till there is a reason for the East Coast guys to go West. Why go West when it does'nt appear that there's much interest out there yet anyhow. I can understand slowly expanding out West, but Las Vegas is a big jump.

Last edited:
What about try to pursue it more instead of giving up on it .Racin duallie has said straight out numerous guys will be of intrest.Call all the the vendors and talk to them.Eric not a bashing at you just freakin fuel and time away is killer and to be honest not that fair because of where we choose to live.you guys can travel to one event so lets try to do something at ny