Sin City baby!

I have no issues with Jeff at all, we both want the same end result, we just disagree on what road to take to get there.

My issues are with the DHRA not having an East Coast event, when the majority of the Pro-Street racers are from the East, but since I don't race with the DHRA anymore and none of the current racers, other than Scott, care to speak up about the subject then theres no sense in me voicing my opinion anymore.

I just want to say that for those of you who are frustrated with local tracks, and the lack of large, national caliber eventsin your area, you aren't alone, no matter what part of the country you are from. Out west in Southern California, we had upwards of nearly 30 trucks showing up for local drag race days, but the tracks have not been cooperative and we are nearly back to where we started with a lot of guys who want to race, but no organization or help from the tracks.
Putting a series and or event together is not easy, I speak from experience. I guess what I'm getting at is the DHRA has got to do what they think is best for everyone, (including themselves) not for just the northwest, or the southeast, or northeast or whoever. I think Vegas is an awesome idea, there is only one Sin City, now everyone just has more reason to go there.
The Southwest is a big market that is yet to be tapped, I think DHRA knows they have to be here. If Scheid(Indiana), Bentz(Colorado), Puskarich (Pennsylvania), Bunting (Iowa) among others from out of state, showed up to a local venue in a So. Cal Suburb last Sept. for an event, I think we can count on more of these guys coming to Vegas.

Point is, I think we out west are primed for a national as much as any part of the country, I am obviously pumped about this. Rock on McBride:rockwoot:

:huh:: ok. I came back here for this post- Ted your opinion is always welcomed on my side of the soapbox- :rockwoot: anytime. And I went to look at the road, and I believe there is a better route, to get to the same destination that we desire..... But before I point my full efforts in that such direction, I want to see and hear from all sides of the road...........

But I will say this when replies are posted on a public forum in that manner -it does NO ONE involved any good.... And those replies DO leave a mark and ARE remembered.............:dead-horse-fast2:

Now I'm out. Peace.:ylsuper: :thankyou2:

Well I would like to say I am really excited that there will be a national event in Vegas next year. I know all about traveling around to go to pulls, California is a big state, and belive me, fuel prices are worse out here. I am from New York, so I feel for you guys in the northeast, I hope you guys can get something going soon.
-Tom
Oh, and AMISH you can take that anger management and stick it.........LOL

Yeah, I like me angry too. :cool:

Though I must admit, I woulda thought you'd be a little more "peace n' lovin" fer a Cale-Fernie Hippy. LOL

Vegas would be a good event for the West Coast guys but who in there right mind is going to pull a truck for 2 or 3 days across the country at ~$3+ per gallon? Then, if Sin City is the draw, how many attendees or competitors are going to pop for $150-200 per night (weekend rates plus almost every week of the year is now 'peak' with convetioneers) rooms to stay there? Vegas is a blast but its also an over-priced rip-off for the average Joe. One more thing: How many wives are going to let their hubbies go to Vegas w/o them in tow unlike other diesel locals?

Jusy my .02 Eric, but you need to put some serious thought in not only location but timing between events next year if you want DHRA to survive.

Non-DHRA races aren't magically appearing in the South without reason. The typical pro street guy from what I see has his own business that must have its doors open as much as physically possible in between these races in order to have the finaces to build their trucks only to shut their doors to travel and race.

I mean this in the most sincere sense even though it really seems like I am pointing out the obvious to most.

Last edited:
Damn Andy. You got it head on. You hit that one so hard, it had to hurt.

Back to what I said last year. Why just one division? NE, SE, NE, NW. Then meet in one location for the $10,000 winners purse. That will cover expenses and one hell of a party. If the payout is worth the input, it will happen. I know I would finish my little hotrod if that was the case.

I'm going to run the FTRL. I really think that's where the the racing will be to toughest. And more trucks to compete. Most of just cannot afford the PS trucks.

But I guess if Scott will go to LV, this bunch will too. And I thought Houston was a haul. How boutit, from Mass.?

..Preston..

EMcBride said:
but we are going to invest in a Pro Diesel Series-East and a Pro Diesel Series-West.

While you're welcome to go out west for the party, if you read the thread you may have seen that he hopes to make this the start of a pro street west. :doh: Therefore, no lugging the truck all the way across the country at $3 a gallon for the west coast guys. There is another coast over there, you know. You should see it sometime. Its kinda nice in small doses.LOL :ylsuper:

You want divisions, the country just got cut in half. Its a start.

I may not have a pro street truck, but I know damn well how life is when cash is tight and you've made commitments. I appriciate every pro street racer out there who busts is butt and his truck to make it to an event for my entertainment. I've got a mug o milk hoisted in yer honor, fellers. I'll be to every one I can, to see you fellers run. Keep tub-thumpin and makin fast passes, people notice, and so will big money sponsors. That'll make those road trips a whole lot easier.

edit: I got the soap. Mouth is clean now.

Last edited: