Sin City baby!

We should continue this in the NE thread, think we hijacked this one

I can think of plenty of awesome tracks that are up here in the Northeast....

The K&N Super Nats is being held here in Englishtown this weekend- and ALL the Big Pro boys will be there.....

not forgetting about any of the other AWESOME tracks that are up here either...... Just using this one as an example.

Noreaster said:
We should continue this in the NE thread, think we hijacked this one

You are right..... I am sorry but I get all caught up in this subject.....

You get passionate about this when you hear the same thing from many diesel truck owners that WOULD LOVE to see diesel racing or participate in Diesel Racing- but there is NO Division up here to support the needs.....

Like I said if you build it- they will come.!:bigsmile:

You don't need a Diesel Division to go race at these tracks so why wait for the division to be set up? "If you build it they will come" go use the tracks that are out there, set up your own races and make the "it" be the attention you guys are getting, and make the "they" be some diesel association.

Your not saying that people don't go race now, just cause theres not a NE Division ar you? God I hope thats not what you think...

Geez, I go to lunch and you Yanks come out swingin', LMAO! I want to see something get going up there, I really do, I'm not giving up on the NE, just trying to find the right time (financially) for DHRA to risk it. Houston is our big financial risk this year- and the Southwest is way more ready for a national event than the Northeast. I too share the frustration that Ted has explained about us continually set something up in the NE and have very little interest. I just don't think the time is right for a national event. I missed the NE division thread, but RD, we got your back 100% for that brother! Instead of waiting for us to "read" the forums, we have a phone number, email addresses and snail mail to contact us about things like that. :)

Not at all Ted- that's far from my thoughts... We need to continue this elsewhere- Like the N.E. thread as suggested.:thankyou2:

Again I appologize to the DHRA members for posting on their forum dedicated to their events.....:bigsmile:

Thanks for the reply Eric, but we did get sidetracked here, the initial concerns were why isn't there a national event such as Las Vegas, Houston, IRP ... out East somewhere, The majority of your Pro-street racers are out this way, and you don't need a National Event for bracket racing, although it is nice to have.

Whatever happened to turning Maple Grove into a regional event, or are there any plans in the near future for an East Coast event?

Absolutely, I like Lebanon Valley the best, and I'd like to look at doing that next year, but we are going to invest in a Pro Diesel Series-East and a Pro Diesel Series-West. Perhaps we'll go to Maple Grove with the series next year, but I'm saddened by the lack of commitment right now we are getting from the Pro Street racers. We have been in front of over 10,000 spectators as of now and only 7 Pro Street teams have shown up, not at the same time. We are bringing on new classes in the next two years also, the 4500 lb heads up class (2007), Pro Stock Truck (go RD!) and Top Diesel Dragster in 2008.

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I would be careful using the "lack of commitment" phrase personally though.

The MI race, well thats sure is a long haul for the majority of the Pro Street guys so personally I can see why some may not have showed. Add in the additional driving time for the next race, 7 days later, which was more centerally located to the majority of the teams and well.....

The turnout at the Bristol race had all the usuals minus Scott, and I believe the fact that it was centerally located to the majority of the teams was instrumental in this.

This all goes back to my question of why is the DHRA expanding so quickly away from the areas that have the most interest?

Last edited:
ob1kobi said:
Thanks for the reply Eric.

I would be careful using the "lack of commitment" phrase personally though.

The MI race, well thats sure is a long haul for the majority of the Pro Street guys so personally I can see why some may not have showed. Add in the additional driving time for the next race, 7 days later, which was more centerally located to the majority of the teams and well.....

The turnout at the Bristol race had all the usuals minus Scott, and I believe the fact that it was centerally located to the majority of the teams was instrumental in this.

This all goes back to my question of why is the DHRA expanding so quickly away from the areas that have the most interest?
Good point Ted, I shouldn't say stuff like that. RD-Pro Mod? Wow, that's two of you now.

Lack of committment is full blown BS.We sent the truck out in Jan 20 for a 4 link upgrade. we got it back a week ago.We are now overnighting parts and working nights til am to be ready to go for IRP missed bristol and the ts race.If we werent committed we wouldnt be getting ready to go race 18 hrs from hom at IRP would we!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have differing opinions on what is bull****, so we'll leave it at that. :blahblah1: :dead-horse-fast2:

EMcBride said:
We have differing opinions on what is bull****, so we'll leave it at that. :blahblah1: :dead-horse-fast2:

Hmmmmm.:huh:: :ugh: :aiwebs_010:

EMcBride said:

What? You say something like this, and then wonder why people aren't exactly willing to travel up to 30 hours each way for a race that doesn't even begin to cover travel costs even if you win? :badidea:

You've made that "lack of commitment" comment several times now, and each time you have said it somebody as gotten pissed off yet you continue to use it.

If this is your way of trying to motivate people to show up, all your doing is motivating people to make there own series and run there own outlaw races.

I'm done with this subject now, I tried to get legitimate answers to legitimate questions but its obviously just a waste of time.

Ted

Last edited:
You fellers need to swap lawns for a min. See what it looks like from the other side of the fence. All of ye.

If we could see where the other was coming from, a greater sense of understanding would be attained for all.

I think we could all use a good "Gooos-Fraa-Baaa."
Peace, my brothers.

Note to self: This anger management class is really working. :thankyou2:

Ted, Jeff, sounds like ya'll need to have a nice, long, CIVIL! telephone conversation.....just so ya'll can get a better idea where the other is coming from. Internet message boards are great for many things, but long winded explanations are not one of them LOL

I'm absolutely fine with Ted's position. I agree fully with his standing. Personally, I truthfully, felt the sting in that comment.... Kinda feels like a slap in the face for a trully respectable effort that not every team is willing to put forth....

Now I'm done here on this DHRA event forum....

Last edited:
Lebanon Valley is all of 20 minutes away from me...i would gladly host a bbq if i could before the event...

My opinion on this matter:
If a decent responce from any of the large sanctions isnt provided, action should be taken to make a NE Sanction. In my opinion there are many people out there in our area who feel the need for our own set of races. When fuel reached 3 dollars a gallon, and a plane ticket 500 dollars that pretty much axed any plans for me to take any trips in the near future, personally. It would be a waste of time and money, as i own and operate my own business and cant take weeks off at a time. I also have a second job to attempt to stay financially afloat. All im saying is that, perhaps, the travel expence has drastically gone up creating a desire for a NE sanction and i think it is an excellent idea!
Just my .02

Dom