Single CP3 Shootout, whos gona make it?

If a CP3 was rated correctly, none of this would be necessary. 4 things would change all this.

1 Displacement

2 Actual verifiable flow numbers

3 Volumetric efficiencey which is derived from the above numbers.

4 Power it can support using average hp as well as peak observed.

As long as others do not conform to having an actual product that doesn't keep changing, and providing this information, all you guys are going to continue to be in the dark.

It isn't enough for just one of us to change, the entire indutry needs to adapt to provide useful information.

IMO this should be the way it is, these are just examples.

Pump A/ stock
Supports stock- 550hp

223lph displacement @ 3500 rpm

180lph flow @ 3500 rpm

VE 80.75%

Pump B/ modified FCA, gear pump, cascade valve, high pressure fitting
Supports stock - 650hp

219lph flow @ 3500 rpm

98.2% VE

It doesn't get much easier than being truthful, something that has been lacking for a while.

It doesn't get much easier than being truthful, something that has been lacking for a while.[/QUOTE]

The truth hurts sometimes. All the secret crap surrounding the diesel aftermarket is never ending. If everyone would work together then we would not be guessing and would know what we are buying. I totally agree Shane but some can't think for themselves and have to copy others inovations.:nail:

Joe

If a CP3 was rated correctly, none of this would be necessary. 4 things would change all this.

1 Displacement

As long as others do not conform to having an actual product that doesn't keep changing, and providing this information, all you guys are going to continue to be in the dark.

It isn't enough for just one of us to change, the entire indutry needs to adapt to provide useful information.

Pump A/ stock
Supports stock- 550hp

180lph flow @ 3500 rpm

VE 80.75%

Supports stock - 650hp

219lph flow @ 3500 rpm

98.2% VE

It doesn't get much easier than being truthful, something that has been lacking for a while.

Thank You.

so Marco was not able to due any tuning with big sticks? Too bad, I mean how often does a guy get one on one with the man the writes the software..

At the time Marco was here, that was Eriks DD/track setup that was very powerful and clean. We didn't decide to go bigger till Marco said to stuff the biggest injector you can in and pull the duration back to meet the dlimits of the cp3.

So he called and got the 300's and then happen to have a Bertha land in his lap as well. But of course this all happened after Marco went back to Italy.

At the time Marco was here, that was Eriks DD/track setup that was very powerful and clean. We didn't decide to go bigger till Marco said to stuff the biggest injector you can in and pull the duration back to meet the dlimits of the cp3.

So he called and got the 300's and then happen to have a Bertha land in his lap as well. But of course this all happened after Marco went back to Italy.

Got it.

I guess next time he is around it would be beneficial to many if he could nail the big injector factor. From what I'm seeing and hearing Marco did not have any trucks that had the combination suitable for this.

I guess next time he is around it would be beneficial to many if he could nail the big injector factor. From what I'm seeing and hearing Marco did not have any trucks that had the combination suitable for this.

Correct.

Gentlemen, what happened to the "Can Do". I'm up for the "Challenge Attitude" that you (John & Shane) portrayed on this thread last yr. Super Stan (I mean Brady) are you ready for a "Neutral" test site! Gentlemen, the majority of member's are asking for a Stg 3 or 3.5 shootout. Not a "My Crank" is bigger "Super Secret" creation!! Building one pump is not giving up "Customer Svc" either. You Cp3 Guru's decide if it will be a Stg 3 or 3.5. Not the Gaping Hole Big Bertha, The Floor It to the Max, or Dragon's on cloud 9 pump. Neutral site "Throwdown" testing done at Exergy Engineering. I will add coin to defray costs. Stop the Horse and get ready for the test!!!

Our Stage 3.5 or Street Stage 4 as called is going to be our Standard Stage 3 from here out. Then we'll have the Stage 4 "Competition" which so far has shown to be streetable.

John

Got it.

Correct, but Marco has agreed to work with me over IM/Email/Skype to see if we can make it work. Still think the 300's are just too much, but the 200's should be nice.

life of big bertha

Can we run Bertha on the street and drive everyday? Sorry to get off subject.

Got it.

Well I had it, Marco put a tune on and I blew the headgasket out on the first pull...:nail:

Although, I only have 150's... they do smoke a lot; Marco was going to get that under control.

Well I had it, Marco put a tune on and I blew the headgasket out on the first pull...:nail:

Although, I only have 150's... they do smoke a lot; Marco was going to get that under control.

Sorry to hear that. I've been down that road.

Can we run Bertha on the street and drive everyday? Sorry to get off subject.

YES!!!

I have driven Erik's truck with Bertha on and it drives just as if it had a stock CP3 on. Very smooth and predictable, no pressure spikes, no rattles, no nothing.

Terry, we will get back on and give you the proper tuning you deserve!!!

I know that monster you call a truck has 1K in her...I know it!!!!:evil:evil

Took one for the team.......

At 900hp there isnt much room for error.

Terry, we will get back on and give you the proper tuning you deserve!!!

I know that monster you call a truck has 1K in her...I know it!!!!:evil:evil

Thanks, but as you know I was surprised as anyone at the 900. With just 150's it has to be at the end. Although, I am pretty certain with cooler temps and a new Marco tune we may get another 30-50hp... on #2 that is:snoop:

With *nx* who knows? And Hey>>> that "monster" still does weekend trailer pulling duty!!LOL

Maybe after 1k it'll be fitting to run a "truck naming" thread; what do you think?

On that Bertha cp3... wow how things have progressed. I got one of John's first stage 3's back in the day and I had the same result as the Bertha... drove just like stock and everyone was amazed.

1 Displacement

Pump A/ stock
Supports stock- 550hp

180lph flow @ 3500 rpm

VE 80.75%

Supports stock - 650hp

219lph flow @ 3500 rpm

98.2% VE

would these ratings be verified at actual operating pressures?

-jp

you don't. you establish flow at PSI (HP) and forget about the injector. The only thing the injector data would provide is a go/no go for an individual setup.

To explain, Think of it as testing whether a pump could flow enough fuel for XX injector on 100% duty cycle. Ofcourse it would never happen, but if you KNOW your pump can maintain XX,000 psi at XXXlph on 100% then you can spec out a pump that will fit your needs AND have a small reserve capacity.

Also, for the pump builders, why would Volumetric efficiency affect what we as end users want to know? Are you considering this because of the RPM band, as I know efficiency is directly affected by rpm. In addition, how does VE affect a pump that is seeing pressure at the inlet? VE should be nearly 100% in this case?

Still learning. I don't have a direct line to the naaaaawllij.