Single turbo for 1000hp 6.7 daily driver.

Your not going to be happy with a single. I know you way to well. What drugs are you taking?

Ron, I got your solution. You need to magnetize the compressor wheel, and then mount a large electromagnet on the outside of the map groove. Have your alternator feed into a high-discharge capacitor that triggers every time you floor it, and the superpowered magnets will give you ULTRA spool!! The theory can clearly work, as proved in this video....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLfpXpO5sQ"]Perpetual Motion Machine. Magnetism Gravity - YouTube[/ame]

What if you dropped back a couple hundred hp(say 800 ish) and dropped the weight down to under 4000lbs(with no towing). Would something like a GTX4294R or GTX4202R do that and still spool ok. The lighter weight is the part I'm not sure of. I guess one of those spool valves could be used too if they are reliable enough to daily drive with.

Im guessing twins wont fit in the new body? Mathematically a gtx4294r is enough air for 1000 hp but just barely.

S478-80 and spool flange. I would bet you can tow with the spool flange safely. Due to the results of mine in the drag truck with a 82, I would put a s478 in my daily driver in a heart beat with a spool valve and it is a 12v with a stock head. With your higher flowing head the results would be even better.

Last edited:
Edit you would be shy of 1000hp but nothing nitrous wont fix.

Wait, new body?

Ron has been looking for a new body as in older car for his powertrain for awhile now. That is the only reason I can see him ditching $9, 000 worth of turbos that are very drivable and can tow to go to a single... but I have been wrong twice before

S478-80 and spool flange. I would bet you can tow with the spool flange safely. Due to the results of mine in the drag truck with a 82, I would put a s478 in my daily driver in a heart beat with a spool valve and it is a 12v with a stock head. With your higher flowing head the results would be even better.

Dont forget the higher displacement either

So if the 4294 is too small, I should look for a larger turbine(but not the 96mm BW) that still fits in a t4, with a compressor that moves around 120lb/min?

a gtx45 or gtx47 would do it I think, you can find a t4 gt55 housing if you look in the right spot LOL

why not run something small(er) for quick spool up and externally gate it?

I have no idea what guys are making with a GTX4294R. I have that and a GTX5533R(way too big) right now. My manifold has a 50mm external gate and I was planning on using it to keep boost down to 45psi or less. I rarely see anyone running a Garrett single except the smaller 35's and 37's so I really don't know how much power they would support without going thermo-nuclear(egt wise).

Ron I found precision makes a .96 T4 housing for my GTX4708 that I plan to run on mine but unfortunately it'll be a while yet before I'll ever be able to test it.

I would think the 78-80mm would work best for what you are after and doubt you'd need a spool flange.

Even if you decide to add one later its a relatively simple part to add

Ron I found precision makes a .96 T4 housing for my GTX4708 that I plan to run on mine but unfortunately it'll be a while yet before I'll ever be able to test it.

I would think the 78-80mm would work best for what you are after and doubt you'd need a spool flange.

I would think with that size you would fight drive pressure issues in upper boost numbers.
Maybe not..

Sent from my fphone

I was thinking that precision smallest for the GT47 series was a .96 and it was a T6 not a T4.

Last edited:
Everyone says you can run an S400 so I'd rather go that route than buy another BB turbo if I don't need to.

Back