Single turbo for 1000hp 6.7 daily driver.

I'm throwing a spool flange on my truck today, to help my fmw80/87/1.0 spool, I will let you know how it does!

I would say one of forced Inductions staggered 76mm s400s with a relatively tight t4(1.0) and 87mm j turbine wheel would get you close. The only thing I'm not sure about is the 6 blade comp wheel in a high pressure app like a diesel. I'm sure there is a 7 availible if you ask nicely.

Now that I'm armed with just enough info to be hazardous to my wallet, I'll do some checking on turbos tomorrow. They are having a Mopar day at Sacramento on the 8th of Sept so if I can't be sure of getting a single and spool valve in time, I'll just go ahead and put the new twins together and not
worry about singles any more.

My staggered 80/87 t4 .9 starts making noise at 2k and its ready to take off at 2500. Stock 12v long block and higher stall converter. I got up to 60lbs locked in second and i backed off, hooking the wastegate up now.

We've got something that will make well over 1000hp on your 6.7. And its pretty affordable. No need for a spool flange or gate. Pm me if you need more info.

With your 6.7 u may not need a spool valve Ron

Backhoe man hated his and he has a 6.7. Hotter, less bottom end, and less power on top than his 64/71. I think a spool valve is a must have if it's going to drive ok.

We've got something that will make well over 1000hp on your 6.7. And its pretty affordable. No need for a spool flange or gate. Pm me if you need more info.

Will it fit in the available space?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
Precision gt4294 with a .98 t4 housing was good on the street with a drop in cam on a 5.9 and that was with a clipped wheel to 2.6. I would believe it to be a riot on a 6.7. I'm guessing it was 800 ish horse. If move to a 6.7 cr tow rig i'm pretty sure the play toy will get a new charger, and that one going on it. In short you'll like it as a single, but be a little short of your hp goal. gt4202 will be closer, but doubt you'll be there without going gt45 or gt47.

Precision gt4294 with a .98 t4 housing was good on the street with a drop in cam on a 5.9 and that was with a clipped wheel to 2.6. I would believe it to be a riot on a 6.7. I'm guessing it was 800 ish horse. If move to a 6.7 cr tow rig i'm pretty sure the play toy will get a new charger, and that one going on it. In short you'll like it as a single, but be a little short of your hp goal. gt4202 will be closer, but doubt you'll be there without going gt45 or gt47.

It's really tempting to try the GTX4294 sitting on my welding table. I've heard a lot of good things about them, none of it relating to diesels though. It would be weird opening the hood and seeing 1 turbo and all that empty space. Not to mention 100# less weight and only 40-45# of boost.

Spool flange and the fmw80 nets me ~10 lbs of boost at 2000rpm and steadily climbing. Towing may still be EH on a 5.9 but I'd guess it would be effortless on a 6.7

Ron... What brad said! What drugs have you been taking!!? You could dd and tow with your BB twins at what 1218 HP? I'll tell ya what how about you try out my single billet 480 I took off my drag truck to build twins like yours? Your welcome to give it a shot! I'm just trying to sell it! Want my nitrous setup I used to spool on the line with too? Lol call me if you wanna throw it on and give it a shot, I may have a spool flange you could borrow too

How could you possibly doubt what you hear on the internet Matt?

RonA

I decided to start on another set of twins today. Got the exhaust manifold off to see what was causing the leak(figured it might have cracked) and I was not surprised to see it cracked where I machined it. Lasted about 3 years but only 5k miles or so. Looks like I'll be manifold shopping again soon. With the front most of the way off the truck it would be a good time to part it out. I'll wait and see.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back