Smarty Dyno #'s

I am sure that the Cp3 mod made the difference!

Being able to maintain pressure when the duration increases is key to making power under the curve which significantly helps power in the curve!

backhoe man-

Weren't you running the XRT before smarty? How do the two compare? Big difference with the smarty?

KMK made a lot of power with his truck for sure he had the cp3 mod, that helps a lot. As for the mp-8 or power puck I think they do the same things add pressure I am not sure one is better than the other. Yes I was running the XRT before I am not going to say anything bad about H&S they have been very good to me, but my truck did not get along with that tuner very well. The smarty has more low end fuel and a bigger tune so it makes more power. I am also seeing pretty hot egt's if I push it real hard probably due to lack of fuel pressure. I am working on fixing that problem, also going to add a lot more air in the very near future. On a side note as far as I can tell the smarty gets killer fuel economy if you can keep your foot out of it. The best thing is that now we have some tuning options with the 6.7 and that is good we should start seeing some good power numbers from people now:woohoo:

i like tose numbers dont know what mine is doing with the smarty but it is stout!!! better than the bully junk pmt

i like tose numbers dont know what mine is doing with the smarty but it is stout!!! better than the bully junk pmt

Yikes. :hehe: look at the dyno numbers from PMT on your truck year bro in comparisson to others. $.02

I'm sure smarty is great just sayin.

So I have a question for you guys........if someone bought a regular smarty they could actually download the "ME" version even if the are in the U.S. correct? From what I'm understanding off of the MAds site you can download it. I live in Wyoming and we have zero laws pertaining to emissions, although I do understand the FEDERAL law. If you want you can PM....but I'm just curious.

KMK made a lot of power with his truck for sure he had the cp3 mod, that helps a lot. As for the mp-8 or power puck I think they do the same things add pressure I am not sure one is better than the other. Yes I was running the XRT before I am not going to say anything bad about H&S they have been very good to me, but my truck did not get along with that tuner very well. The smarty has more low end fuel and a bigger tune so it makes more power. I am also seeing pretty hot egt's if I push it real hard probably due to lack of fuel pressure. I am working on fixing that problem, also going to add a lot more air in the very near future. On a side note as far as I can tell the smarty gets killer fuel economy if you can keep your foot out of it. The best thing is that now we have some tuning options with the 6.7 and that is good we should start seeing some good power numbers from people now:woohoo:

I wasn't trying to insult the power puck in anyway I was just curious is all. After doing more research it seems like they do due the same things fundamentally:Cheer:

I wasn't trying to insult the power puck in anyway I was just curious is all. After doing more research it seems like they do due the same things fundamentally:Cheer:

I did not think that you were just saying they do the same thing:Cheer:
The more I drive with the smarty the better my fuel economy gets and it has great power, I like it!:evil

We just dyno tested the XRT and Smarty tuners back to back yesterday. The XRT 175 vs Smarty 170. XRT was consistently higher on HP and torque throughout the ranges. Jamie had some bad luck with his XRT and I wish he would have stuck it out, but opted to jump ship for the MADS. No hard feelings, but having driven both tunes personally, you might kick yourself. Good numbers though, I am glad to see the 6.7s start to pick up some easy power.

No hard feelings you guys have been very good to me. I hope you guys keep pushing the performance in the 6.7

We just dyno tested the XRT and Smarty tuners back to back yesterday. The XRT 175 vs Smarty 170. XRT was consistently higher on HP and torque throughout the ranges. Jamie had some bad luck with his XRT and I wish he would have stuck it out, but opted to jump ship for the MADS. No hard feelings, but having driven both tunes personally, you might kick yourself. Good numbers though, I am glad to see the 6.7s start to pick up some easy power.

Got the numbers on both?

My 2007.5 6.7L With the XRT 175hp tune Dyn at 513-hp 968-tor, With smarty 170 tune Dyn 530-hp 1060-hp , Dynoed with MP-8 and without, Not worth it, with XRT it helped 10hp, MP-8 with the smarty it lost some power with XRT you need a quadzilla boost fooler if you have over 40 psi with smarty you do not need a boost fooler, over all the XRT is smoother all around, the smarty works real nice to with more tor and power, my trany is out of it right now the smartys tor destroyed the clutchs in the trany, I send the trany to RON at suncoast :hehe:

Last edited:
hmmm this is interesting i saw a 6.7 dyno yesterday with smarty and only dyno'd 406 Dunno why but it smoked alot maybe something with the truck. He did have edge on it but it was turned off. Not sure if it still effects it but still.... saw and edge 6.7 run 450 something. wyodsl was there he probably knows the number better.

hmmm this is interesting i saw a 6.7 dyno yesterday with smarty and only dyno'd 406 Dunno why but it smoked alot maybe something with the truck. He did have edge on it but it was turned off. Not sure if it still effects it but still.... saw and edge 6.7 run 450 something. wyodsl was there he probably knows the number better.

I dont want to start problems and a stupid war....but the above is true edge out performed the smarty in every way. On 3 different trucks.

By the way trying to stack edge and smarty really doesnt work so stay away from that idea, atleast on the 3 trucks we tested it didnt. Bully dog and mp8 was the best stack just like the the thread I posted earlier with dyno results.

XRT did better then smarty but not by much, which has already been posted in the thread also. I think smarty is a good product but there is definatley something going on with it and the trucks we tested.....I think the guys who tested it willbe sticking with edge or bully dog for the time being.

Good luck to everyone and there selected products.:Cheer:

I dont want to start problems and a stupid war....but the above is true edge out performed the smarty in every way. On 3 different trucks.

By the way trying to stack edge and smarty really doesnt work so stay away from that idea, atleast on the 3 trucks we tested it didnt. Bully dog and mp8 was the best stack just like the the thread I posted earlier with dyno results.

XRT did better then smarty but not by much, which has already been posted in the thread also. I think smarty is a good product but there is definatley something going on with it and the trucks we tested.....I think the guys who tested it willbe sticking with edge or bully dog for the time being.

Good luck to everyone and there selected products.:Cheer:

Ya i dont want to start a war but i wasnt too impressed with the 6.7s at this small event. There were plenty of 500+ CRs there on pretty much tune only and fuel systems but something isnt right with they way the 6.7 was running on the dyno...

wow not good numbers the one in my truck did 442 on level 7 and no puck. I do have the clutch to hold the power which probably helps.

Back