smarty, rail pressure, smoke

How responsive should it be with the tunes I have now, and what should I expect with the TNT tunes? I'm convinced I had better off the line response than I do now. And what I do have seems to vary a bit but its laggy. This is why I was wondering if I'm fuel starved. I put my intake on pre smarty, still stock exhaust. Change fuel filter every 5k. I can't tell any difference between a part throttle run and burying the peddle.......part of why I'm thinking fuel starvation.

How responsive should it be with the tunes I have now, and what should I expect with the TNT tunes? I'm convinced I had better off the line response than I do now. And what I do have seems to vary a bit but its laggy. This is why I was wondering if I'm fuel starved. I put my intake on pre smarty, still stock exhaust. Change fuel filter every 5k. I can't tell any difference between a part throttle run and burying the peddle.......part of why I'm thinking fuel starvation.
that's one if the down falls of the smarty, turn you're torque setting all the way down and it will make you're throttle feel a lot better as if 100 % throttle is really full throttle and not 50 % feeling like full throttle. before I got efi live I preffered the TNT tuning, I could tell the difference between revo and TNT as the TNT had more down low power and revo was just the opposite

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If you went to a lower stall torque convertor when your transmission was worked on it will load the motor more before the turbo spools and could feel like it spools slower, shouldn't be much of a problem with the stock turbo though so just a guess if nothing else was changed besides the transmission.

The turbo barks now when it shifts into OD at light throttle. I'm assuming it means I have a lower stall?

i would stay away from an MP-8 personally. caused me a lot of heartache back in the day.

there is no reason why the TNT-R cant supply you with what you need without an added expense.

1- have you checked for slop in that turbo?
2- what is your max boost?
3- do you have sufficient pressure from your LP?

Max boost so far has been 23-24. Don't have a boost elbow yet. My edge insight cts has given me fits since I plugged it in so I have a hard time knowing what's going on. Edge is always very helpful in trying different fixes for it and I'm just about to mail it to them for further testing/diagnosis.

OP. Sorry to derail, but how are you planning to use Insite on your 04 Dodge?

Have you done it before? To my knowledge, insite will not play with 03 or newer Dodges?

Have you done it before? To my knowledge, insite will not play with 03 or newer Dodges?

It was recommended to me when I bought my smarty. I come from 12 valve land. Remove wiring harness, tie shut down solenoid up, get a pull start.......

This being my first common rail and automatic, I have a lot to learn. I'm anxious for the edge to work out, but miss the simple, dependable auto meters in my 12 valves.

i still run all mechanical gauges. no lies can be told there!

23 lbs of boost will never clean up the fuel like you need. even if it was stock.

get that boost fixed before you bother with anything else. that will change a lot. your missing another 20 psi

i still run all mechanical gauges. no lies can be told there!

23 lbs of boost will never clean up the fuel like you need. even if it was stock.

get that boost fixed before you bother with anything else. that will change a lot. your missing another 20 psi

See, with this low of boost, and still running clean, this is what makes me think I'm fuel starved. Gonna start checking it out when I get truck back.

I ran a he341 at 40 psi as a single on my 97 then put a 3b with it and it runs great. As a single I tied the wastegate shut. When I built the twins, I built a bracket for the wastegate actuator to fit and work.

Last edited:
I'll give edge a couple more chances before throwing in the towel. Does any body know if it will shop me lift pump/supply fuel pressure? I know when it works right it shows rail pressure.

I'll give edge a couple more chances before throwing in the towel. Does any body know if it will shop me lift pump/supply fuel pressure? I know when it works right it shows rail pressure.

The Edge will not show your lift pump pressure, unless you buy the expansion kit and sending unit. The edge will only monitor what the ECM monitors.

Back