smarty, rail pressure, smoke

I am running my Smarty on #9 tune with RP set at MILD

Even when/if I detune to a 5-7 level, I cannot get the RP up over 15K

I have an adjustable boost elbow installed on the BD Special turbo also, it is slightly opened

I am thinking about screwing the bolt all the way in and closing the boost elbow and seeing what happens to my PSI

Last edited:
Ok, got a new edge insight cts-gauge problems fixed. Big thanks to Aaron at edge.

I still need to get a boost elbow as I'm still in the low 20's for boost. I just barely got the pyro installed, and it runs hot pulling a trailer up interstate hills. Running #7 on smarty. Need to play with it some more, but rail pressure is prob 13k max. Gut feeling is that I'm still fuel starved. Hope work is busy enough to pay off my trans parts so I can look into other truck needs:)

Switch to smarty udc, and get someone to build you some tune. Its like night and day from running the revo or tntr software.

Ok, so yesterday I got my Smarty updated to the TNT tunes. Set it to stock and then #7, rail pressure still is 12-13k no matter what tune. I did notice some more smoke, and definitely a noticeable power increase. Happy to have more power. Talked to a shop yesterday, got some advice on trouble shooting my low rail pressures. I was gonna just get a new cp3 and start there, he said he hasn't seen much failure in them and to start with FCA and rail pressure relief valve. Then lift pump.

ummmmm... cp3's fail all the time.

get a gauge on that LP first. thats the cheapest and smartest thing to do. then if your LP is holding start diagnosing the cp3. low LP pressure is even more common than a failing cp3

Back