smarty revo, stacked?

9t5twelvevalve

i recently bought the smarty sr with revo, i also have a bullydog power pup sitting at my house, im running the smarty right now and i love it, but i was wondering if i could stack the two? ive looked around online trying to find some reviews but i cant find any. Im not sure if thats because its a dumb idea and noone does it, but i was just looking to get some input, any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Ahh no. They are both DL's. If you want something to stack ill sell you a TST.

i disagree. if he has any programmer or like, he needs an airdog or fass in the least if he has a stock LP

It definately wont hurt, but I have 100K on mine with stock fuel system and no problems.

i disagree. if he has any programmer or like, he needs an airdog or fass in the least if he has a stock LP

I disagree. I have run the big TNT tunes on my trucks on stock fuel systems. No problem making 25k rail pressure...

running TNT8 on my current 03. bone stock fuel system. Truck runs great! :D

JTaylor on here ran TNT9 stacked with a TST on power level 2 or 3 IIRC. Bone stock fuel system. When the LP finally crapped out on him, he just replaced it with another stocker and kept on rolling.

I see no need for a high dollar fuel system with the stock CP3

im surprised you dont have and aftermarket LP forrest. especially how anal you are about your trucks. even if you say your fuel pressure is holding up do you really trust the factory fuel filtration and water seperation?

do you have a low pressure fuel gauge on your truck? i would be surprised to see you having anything more than 5psi at WOT after a long pass.

i think an aftermarket fuel system is the first on the "mods" list to give your cp3 a little insurance.

I think aftermarket fuel systems are snake oil often times... The whole air separation thing came about when it was theorized that cavitation was what was killing VP44 trucks. Turns out the VP44 trucks were just pieces of ****.

but once you've convinced people to buy them for their VP trucks, might as well keep convincing them to buy them for their CR trucks, right? :D

I don't have a low pressure gauge. All I care about is rail pressure. Duramaxes don't even come with a lift pump from the factory, the CP3 pulls all the way from the tank. The CP3 is a very tough pump. I would be surprised if I had 1psi at WOT on the low side, but if I've got 25k at the rail, that's all I care about.

The factory water separation works great. I always inspect fuel before I fill up my truck with it and won't put suspect fuel in the tank. I realize that the factory 7 micron filter isn't the greatest thing on earth, but I've never had a problem. YMMV

FWIW, I can't stand the noise of the FASS/Air Dog systems. If I ever put a non-factory style pump on one of my trucks, it'll be a 255 Walbro

Duramaxes don't even come with a lift pump from the factory, the CP3 pulls all the way from the tank.

Say waa:eek:. Didnt know that.

FWIW, I can't stand the noise of the FASS/Air Dog systems. If I ever put a non-factory style pump on one of my trucks, it'll be a 255 Walbro

Ive heard this a lot. Seriously, how loud are AD/FASS systems?? Are they audible in cab driving around? Or just if you have your ear right up against them?

Just curious, thanks!

Say waa:eek:. Didnt know that.

they have a different step-up pump design than the Cummins pumps... but the point is, the Cummins CP3 doesn't have to have 40psi in front of it to function well.

Ive heard this a lot. Seriously, how loud are AD/FASS systems?? Are they audible in cab driving around? Or just if you have your ear right up against them?

Just curious, thanks!

the FASS in my 04 was loud as hell... I hated it... I believe the later model stuff and the Air Dogs are quieter, but they're still loud, they hang down and are visible from beside the truck, and they're just flat out expensive.

I'd rather run a nice quiet pump that's tucked up out of site and run the fuel through another filter-head with a 2mic filter on it for half the price.

I am using the BD Flow-Max and aftermarket dual filters since my truck didn't have an in tank lift pump. The separate components allowed me to mount them tucked up and hidden, the Bd pump is a Baddass pump and very quiet... I can barely hear it while the truck is not running.

wow. thats crazy about the Dmax's!

i understand completley about the noise. i would NEVER own a FASS because of the pump rattle/ vibration.

my AD150 is several years old and i can hear it when i first turn the key on and if im sleeping in my back seak i can hear it underneath me.

I just did an install on a VP44 truck last week and they new AD's are even quieter!
i dont know what they did but i couldn't even hear it at all. i thought it wasn't coming on.

i understand the VP44's are beggin for disaster without a good LP but i dont see how it is good for an injector pump to have to draw fuel from 12 ft away???????

i love my low pressure fuel gauge. i can tell when my filter is dirty or my tank is to low or even when the line is picking up air!

also, when i had my quad RPG, my rail pressure was more reliable/ consistent after the air dog was installed.

and the filtration is second to none IMO.

So i ended up ordering an Mp-8, 5 inch turboback, and a raptor lift pump, so i have all that, plus afe stage 2 cold air, smarty tnt lvl 9, and a built trans, anyone have something similar to this? id like to see a review on how they like it/how much power there making

oh definitely! I will say that ditching the stock turbo for even a mild 62/65 or something makes a NICE difference on the big end